Bear Bridge Ranch?

Florida Sportsman

Bear Bridge Ranch?

Anyone ever hunted this place? Its in the Apopka area. I am headed there on the 26th for a day of hog hunting.

It's only like 60 acres fenced. It's in a little town called pinelakes off of highway 44. They have lots of pigs. The lake they have on the back of their property has some huge bass in it...I used to have access.

They have lots of turkeys in the surrounding unfenced areas as well. Scott and I chased a few around together before he started guiding there. As for the hog hunts, ho-hum. You sit on a platform over the fence and wait for the hog you want to come eat the pile of rotten fruit and bread 10 yards away.
    Final Approach Pro Staff, Duck Junkies Pro Staff, and proud member of the Fab Five.

I had you pissed off at "hello."

Hmmm... didn't realize that it was fenced. I was looking at it on Google Earth and saw that it backed up to some good land. It looked like it ended before it got to that wooded area... because it does. Oh well... good warm up for my November quota hunt at Guana River. Night night piggy!

Quote Originally Posted by DJW View Post
    Anyone ever hunted this place? Its in the Apopka area. I am headed there on the 26th for a day of hog hunting.

I have,the guy sits you in a stand then drives a 4wheeler by you with a corn spreader and they all come runin out of the woods. If you need pork and want to kill something go there, but i wouldnt waste my money on it again

Quote Originally Posted by DJW View Post
    Hmmm... didn't realize that it was fenced. I was looking at it on Google Earth and saw that it backed up to some good land. It looked like it ended before it got to that wooded area... because it does. Oh well... good warm up for my November quota hunt at Guana River. Night night piggy!
    Yeah it borders the lower wekiva....but the pigs you'll be hunting have been brought in. What's worse...I think lots of pigs have escaped from that place and have been populating the preserve and adjoining wma since it was created...Damn pigs...

Finally made it out to Bear Bridge (First trip postponed by hurricane Sandy).

Final results kind of mixed. Yes there are plenty of pigs and you will definitely get a shot at one, but the place is really small and then they fence off a smaller portion of it and bring in pigs. So... I am glad that I got a pig... but I king of feel like I paid somebody to shoot their pet.

I would say it is a good place to bring somebody for their first time, or maybe a kid/wife/girlfriend to get their first hog.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hanging_pigs.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	62970

yup...glad you had fun...but that place aint my cup of tea.

Sweetbay had porkloin on sale for $1.99 a lb...

I know I'm gonna get ripped a new one for this but these types of places make me sick. I was doing some forestry work on a 200 acre high fence "Deer Farm" and all the deer were near the High Fence trying their best to get out.

Look in Woods and Water mullet wrapper and all you see are advertisements for high fence operations. Glad I was brought up hunting public land and hunting leases and learning how to pursue "Wild Game"!
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-15-2012 at 08:49 AM.