Boycott Universal Studios

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Boycott Universal Studios

Goes to show which side Hollywood is in the bag for.

This poor woman was just trying to enjoy an evening with her family and discovered the political position of the U.S.

As a private company I will defend their right to take whatever position they want.

However, it should be made clear before money is spend and before the innocent woman had her kids indoctrinated by BHO propaganda.

If they don't want to make it clear before money is spent then the amusement should be neutral.

Read the full story at the link, please. Team BHO, or should I call it Team Axelrod, knows no shame.

Text:

Florida voters need to know about the appalling attempts by Universal Studios in Orlando to influence the November election in favor of President Obama. Since the park hosts more than 6 million visitors a year, about 500,000 per month -- maybe double that during Halloween Horror Nights throughout October -- this isn’t a campaign to be taken lightly.

I went to Halloween Horror Nights last weekend and was shocked that Universal was using its amusement park as a political platform to reach the masses in favor of Obama and to slam Republican contender Mitt Romney in a show called “Bill and Ted’s Adventure.”

We went to the show thinking it was going to be centered on a movie by the same name. We had no idea its premise had an election theme. But at first, we thought it was going to be OK, since it was Bill and Ted who were running for election. Instead, though, the “show” turned into a 40-minute campaign rally for Obama, defaming Romney...................

In the show, a black man was dressed up in a suit and sunglasses looking all cool and singing a rap about how he was the first black president. He makes references to gay rights, women's contraception, killing Osama bin Laden, supporting Big Bird and the like. All the while, the crowd was getting pumped up and cheering the entire time. The black man’s “opponent” was a white man talking like a "nerd" and looking all disheveled as he stumbled out saying that he lied in the debate, that he shoves grannies off the cliff. "Oh, I didn't know that women could vote," he even said at one point.

..........It was absolutely ridiculous the trash that Universal Studies is feeding these people coming to the park every day, particularly impressionable younger voters. It is absolutely reprehensible and completely biased that Universal would use its park as a platform for the Democratic Party’s political gain. As an amusement park, it should stay politically neutral.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/index.cf...=marla-knowles
    "I'm not a physicist." ~ ac2020

"It's a shame PACs cannot simply lie and get away with it." ~ SWFL

Hmm.. Going there tomorrow night..

Quote Originally Posted by mikehels View Post
    Hmm.. Going there tomorrow night..
    Walk up to the gate and ask if the Bill & Ted show are still playing then walk away

Better yet...Carry Romney signs and wear a ROmney T...
    National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
    https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?...page_new_likes

Read the whole article and go with eyes wide open. Talk to the kids before you get there about what they are about to see - at a minimum. I can understand if the money is already spent.
    "I'm not a physicist." ~ ac2020

"It's a shame PACs cannot simply lie and get away with it." ~ SWFL

Nothing new. Like you said a private company so they can push who they want. As for notification, it is Hollywood, you are forewarned with that.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterEngineer View Post
    RTalk to the kids before you get there about what they are about to see - at a minimum.
    Adults trip.. Go with another couple every year. We stay on property and have a good time. I noticed the last time we went to Universal (have annual passes with the kids) they have a big sign at the entrance to one of the parks with the "Lean Forward" slogan of MSNBC/Obama.

I'll see what's really there. May be just a sign of desperation by minimum wage liberals who think government is the answer and have yet to step outside of the magic of a theme park into the real world.

Did Universal threaten to fire their employees if Obama wins

David Siegel, the founder and CEO of giant timeshare company Westgate resorts, sent an opus-like email to his workers, railing against one-percent bashing and arguing that the president’s reelection would “threaten your job.”

Siegel has a history of injecting himself in to critical political events. In the “The Queen of Versailles,” the documentary chronicling Siegel’s quest to obnoxiously build the biggest house in America, the Florida real estate mogul claims he was “personally responsible” for George W. Bush’s 2000 presidential victory. He also goes on to say that his tactics for helping Bush win “may not necessarily have been legal.”

Siegel isn’t the first CEO to push his political preferences on his employees. Bob Murray, CEO of coal company Murray Energy, pressured his workers to donate money to the Romney campaign. Murray energy workers have also accused the company of forcing them to participate in a pro-Romney rally, give up a day’s worth of pay and face the possibility of getting fired if they didn’t.
    "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history... with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
    Mitch Ratcliffe, Technology Review

Quote Originally Posted by Gardawg View Post
    Did Universal threaten to fire their employees if Obama wins

David Siegel, the founder and CEO of giant timeshare company Westgate resorts, sent an opus-like email to his workers, railing against one-percent bashing and arguing that the president’s reelection would “threaten your job.”

Siegel has a history of injecting himself in to critical political events. In the “The Queen of Versailles,” the documentary chronicling Siegel’s quest to obnoxiously build the biggest house in America, the Florida real estate mogul claims he was “personally responsible” for George W. Bush’s 2000 presidential victory. He also goes on to say that his tactics for helping Bush win “may not necessarily have been legal.”

Siegel isn’t the first CEO to push his political preferences on his employees. Bob Murray, CEO of coal company Murray Energy, pressured his workers to donate money to the Romney campaign. Murray energy workers have also accused the company of forcing them to participate in a pro-Romney rally, give up a day’s worth of pay and face the possibility of getting fired if they didn’t.
    I don't see anything wrong with what you posted..

Adults should be able to think for themselves and children can't vote. Adults who are, indeed, influenced by the apparent "subliminal" message probably aren't smart enough to be voting anyway.... but we can't fix stupid and it's their right to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehels View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with what you posted..
    I'm sure you don't .... voter intimidation is the right wings stock in trade

Amusement parks should stay politically neutral? How about restaurant chains? Say..... Chick Fil A and their campaign to deny gay people their human rights ...

Good Gawd ... you right wingers are such whining cry babies
    "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history... with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
    Mitch Ratcliffe, Technology Review

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast