mullet run questions
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

mullet run questions

the fishing here in n.e. has been on fire this fall since the start of the mullet run.i wanted to head south and fish the mullet run down state.i will be boatless.looking to fish between sebastian and northern palm beach county.i fish the inlets and the surrounding beaches here and was looking to fish ft.pierce inlet or sebastian.is one better than the other or are they about the same ? we have lots of beach access here,but i have heard your beach access down there can be limited,any advice and where to go or not to go and my last question -the tides up here really effect the fishing and wondering if it is the same down there ? thanks

First and foremost, your question could be easily answered by watching the most recent episode of "Reel Time" by Florida Sportsman which was an excellent episode as they all are. Captain Gozdz and guest explain the rig (which you will have to improvise without a boat), the tides, and the location, Sebastian Inlet. Jensen Beach and Stuart have good beach access, not sure about the other areas. Jensen Beach also has great inshore wading areas off Indian River Drive on the West side of the Indian River/ICW. Check out some of Joupdog's posts, you can learn from him.

thanks aqua

St. Lucie, Martin and northern Palm
    Beach county all have outstanding beach access. During the mullet run pick a beach and be on the beach at dawn if it not happening drive to another beach and check again. There is a ton go bait inside the inlets right now so do not overlook access near the insides of any of the inlets.

Fireman Bill

thanks bill,fished this morning at nassau sound and limited out on trout and Spanish mackerel in a very short time.with the cool temps we had here this a.m.-high 60's and a north/northwest wind the bite really turned on.the mullet are very thick and the schools very consistent.the . larger mullet are showing up more frequently too,compared to early last week.thanks again for the info.tight lines