Snook Carcass Donations

Florida Sportsman

Snook Carcass Donations

As we have done in the past, we are asking anglers to donate their filleted snook carcasses at participating stores. These carcasses provide invaluable information on the size, age, maturity and sex of the harvest.

If you catch and harvest a slot-sized snook this season, please leave the internal organs intact and drop it off at one of the following stores.

Broward County:
    Custom Rod and Reel - 1835 NE 25th Street, Lighthouse Point
    LMR Cusom Rods & Tackle - 1801 S Federal Highway, Ft. Lauderdale
    T & R Tackle - 228 Commercial Boulevard, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
    Anglers Bait and Tackle - 230 E Dania Beach Blvd, Dania Beach

Dade County:
    El Capitan Sports Center - 1590 NW 27th Avenue, Miami
    Capt. Harry's Fishing Supply - 8501 NW 7th Avenue, Miami
    Don's Bait and Tackle - 90 N Homestead Boulevard, Homestead

For a full list of stores, please visit our website.
    http://myfwc.com/research/saltwater/.../anglers-help/

Happy fishing!
    Alexis

Donate away and soon you'll never get to keep even the meger slot size they so graciously bestow you now. Don't talk or give any information to anyone with a clip board unless they have a gun on their side about fishing PERIOD! They will only use the information to tighten the noose more. Here's how it works. You didn't catch fish, the stocks are plumeting, we must have more restrictions. You did catch fish, too many fish are being caught, we need more restrictions. We need look no further than jewfish, they are a menece now but will the restrictions be loosened. Not by a long shot.
    "Those who will trade freedom for security will have neither".

Quote Originally Posted by lilwoody View Post
    Donate away and soon you'll never get to keep even the meger slot size they so graciously bestow you now. Don't talk or give any information to anyone with a clip board unless they have a gun on their side about fishing PERIOD! They will only use the information to tighten the noose more. Here's how it works. You didn't catch fish, the stocks are plumeting, we must have more restrictions. You did catch fish, too many fish are being caught, we need more restrictions. We need look no further than jewfish, they are a menece now but will the restrictions be loosened. Not by a long shot.
    I tend to agree. Talking to people with clip boards is a complete waste of time. There are some major environmental issues that purposely get ignored. No one with a clip board is asking me about how much seagrass is dieing off in north biscayne bay. The state does not care, because things like the port project or lobbying groups such as big sugar are more important. Derm can do nothing about these problems. The state is the cause of these problems. This is why the head of seagrass in fl has not responded to one of my twenty phone calls and emails. An elected official points this guy to help ignore the problem and keep getting away with destroying the environment. Sorry for my cynnicism, but I had to vent. By the way, I thought those coo;ers at the boatramp were for free ice.

Incorrect. You must have a large collection of foil hats.

The ice is not free. You paid for some of it.

Ask any of the anglers who donate carcasses on a regular basis. Or anyone I have interacted with while sitting on the Dania pier. They will inform you that we lowly FWC biologists are in fact good people. We don't get paid much, work long hours, but enjoy the work we do. Our Snook program relies on angler cooperation, as does the state's Fisheries Dependent Monitoring program.

Keep your conspiracy theories to yourself. Except for the seagrass in north BB. That does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by FWCSnook View Post

Ask any of the anglers who donate carcasses on a regular basis. Or anyone I have interacted with while sitting on the Dania pier. They will inform you that we lowly FWC biologists are in fact good people. We don't get paid much, work long hours, but enjoy the work we do. Our Snook program relies on angler cooperation, as does the state's Fisheries Dependent Monitoring program.

Keep your conspiracy theories to yourself. Except for the seagrass in north BB. That does suck.
    Hear hear...

Ask any of the anglers who donate carcasses on a regular basis. Or anyone I have interacted with while sitting on the Dania pier. They will inform you that we lowly FWC biologists are in fact good people. We don't get paid much, work long hours, but enjoy the work we do.
    Very true.
    As are the Everglades biologists keeping the creel count at the ramps.

Keep up the good work

How does this address lilwoody's post? Who cares if the person collecting the data is "good people"? I care for what and how the data is used.

How many fish need to be shocked and killed before you can call them a school and turn em back?

Haven't been so lucky to catch a fish under 20lbs this yr..0 for 6

i guess that bit of information will remain close to the ones who benefit from it? As much respect I have for properly managing a species, I find it hard to tell the diff from a person who poaches an oversize snook, to a program who kills fish over and under the slot on a regular basis. Luck 7 right?