Boat ramps and canals
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Boat ramps and canals

Hello All,
    Was looking at the weather report for tomorrow, 9/12, and it looks like it may be a little rough for my gheenoe. I figured I could still go fishing but in the local canals.
    First, I live in Homestead, so I am looking to try to stay local. Any good info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ed

The FWC updated their boat ramp list from having next-to-nothing to having every ramp I've ever heard of and even a few that I didn't know about.

https://public.myfwc.com/LE/boatramp...CountyMap.aspx

Edit - I see tailchaser beat me to the link!

I passed by the Aerojet canal and the ramp off the 18 mile stretch is closed. Is there another place to access it?

There is a dirt ramp 3/4's of a mile before the Everglades National Park Visitor Center on Ingraham Hwy.
    This ramp puts you on the fresh water side of a flood control dam that is located about half way to US1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat's Eye View Post
    There is a dirt ramp 3/4's of a mile before the Everglades National Park Visitor Center on Ingraham Hwy.
    This ramp puts you on the fresh water side of a flood control dam that is located about half way to US1.
    That's the one I was thinking about.

Or you could go to Card Sound Road and drop your Gheenoe next to any of the bridges there and explore that area.

Well I never launched a Gheenoe, but there is a crappy ramp about 150 yd's south of the toll both, where people launch small boats. This ramp is in very poor condition with a ledge and potholes.

Thanks for the replies. I went out of the park on NW 7st and hit the airport lakes. Caught about 7 peacocks and 1 cichlid. Biggest peacock was about 4 pounds. All were caught on shiners.

I have gone out of the ramp you are talking about Cat's Eye, no problem with the gheenoe. But any bigger than that it could be real scary.
    Thanks,
    Ed

do you guys get any decent catches at the Aerojet? I ran there once from Cardsound but a storm got me while I was there.

I personally have never fished it, only know where it cause its en route to Flamingo