otu of pe 9-29-12

Florida Sportsman

otu of pe 9-29-12

Headed out around 7:30 this morning with the wife started trolling at 650 not much around some scattered weed did not look to good. Gulf stream was at 9 miles thought that would be our best bet at 850 we picked up our first phin of the day 30 inches around weed patch. Moved out to 950 lots of weed patches all the way to 1050. Moved in and out of the depths trolling rigged squid picked up 4 more phins the largest 15 lbs the smallest 32 inches. Also lots of large schools of black fin tuna picked up 3- 10 to 15 lbs 1 skip jack 1 wahoo lost at the boat 30 to 40 lbs popped hook tagged 1 18 inch phin for the study. 4 knock downs of unknown species . And watched a marlin dance like i have never seen before it was very cool. To say the least it was alive out there . All but 1 fish hit the rigged squid with skirts even the hoo which was a first for us If your heading out tomorrow it would be worth a look out there if the patch are still around you should do well just keep moving from one to the next

Nice catch and who says fishing stinks with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by plastered View Post
    Nice catch and who says fishing stinks with a full moon.
    Thats what the wife and i were saying we have always been some what successful at full moons you just have to get off shore and find some place that looks fish and try everything until you find something that works

Outstanding job! I stopped short of 10 miles outside of PE. it was pretty barren to that point. Worked on weedline at about 6 miles full of bait. Water was dirty and nobody home. Ran a couple more miles east with no birds or anything. Clearly, I should have continued further out. Came home with an empty cooler. Thanks for the post (and lesson)!
    Catch 'em up!

Nick