Good Bahama Fishing Threads

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Good Bahama Fishing Threads

What has happened to the good fishing threads that use to be on FS. Seems like ever since the shutdown not as many posts are being made. My imagination or true?

Here I'll repost what got lost..Good thing i saved these from another forum...

Made up my mind last minute to jump on with Carribean Cowboy(Mclean) to make a run to Grand. Forecast looked good so we left at 4ish friday. Well the ride over was pretty rough! We got thru customs and mixed some drinks and headed out to deep drop for a bit. Mclean threw the net at the dock and we got some sandys( sorta like a greenie but with a red nose)

1st drop and we had a stringer of lil yellow eyes

Went into the shallower reefs and did some bottom fishing

We hung out for a bit and sun was sinking so we chased some birds..We have plenty of action from blackfins an skippys. Went back to jollys and hung out at the bar and drank..
    I woke up at 5am as i always do so i snapped some random pics while captain and crew slept.

Jolly put up a new roof on the grilling and chilling area with some nice fans to keep the no-seeums off ya!

Rosies only place for coffee around 8am..

More random pics

Taxi?

Captain and crew finally got up and we ran out to spot some birds..we found them but just alot of fliers not workers! :thumbdown: We hit a few packs and hooked one blackfin that pulled off..I decided to put out a bigger lure (eluethra plunger). I figured only a bigger fish will eat this! Well we kept circling birds and waiting and waiting ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!! We put Ryan in the harness and I leadered and Mclean was gaff man Dillon was driving..This ran alot of line out and never gave up to the very end..He gave me some challenging leadering and Mclean had a lil bit of gaff in him! :eek3: He recovered and grabbed him by the tail plop he is in the boat! High fives and good teamwork!

I was trying to hold him steady and not let him jump out of the boat..So please forgive my lobster claw of a hand.. :tooth:

I will say the bird migration is just not here yet.. The birds are far and few in between and we really worked to get this one fish. The fish are not in big numbers yet and we were early,but it worked in the end.. :toast:

2nd run..
    Wow what a trip! Loaded up with Carlos,Chris,John,David,Tyler(my son) for a crossing.We met up with some friends in a 32 regulator. Smooth crossing glassy seas on friday.

Checked in at walkers and took some random pics..
    Nasty cats..

Tire mangroves

Ghost town...

We set out after checking in for some tuna ..we found nothing on every pack! the other boat located a huge board floating and called us over.We were picking away at bahamian schoolie dolphin 20lbs. We kept seeing a BIG bull lurking..I told my son to pitch a bait out ..BAM! dolphin went nuts jumping and running around the boat. He faught him for close to an hour and we had him to the boat atleast 4 times.The POS gaff kept bouncing off his head. My son was whooped using a baitrunner on this fish.Finally we got him in to striking range and Chris slammed him with the steel!

Carlos(AKA Big daddy) Team effort!

Celebrations started then and continued til the wee hours that night! Great first day!

Jolly manning the bar!

Headed out early the next day and we had a full crew on the bow ready to sight range birds after the radar steered us there!

Trolled a weedline for a sec and hooked a wahoo and lost him right at the boat due to mono leader..
    No action til about 1200pm then we finally found a pack of birds waaaaaayyyy east of walker 30miles plus! Big daddy was up and got a nice one!

I was up next!

Then it was Tylers turn again! His first YFT i was a proud dad!

The next couple hours were a blur ..We would hook up a fish stop the boat throw out live bait and had them slamming baits all around the boat..IT WAS INSANE! Glad we brought a bunch of sardines from home!We made one last pass and i ended up with a nice one to cap off a great trip.

We absolutely filled the boat and ran out of ice called it at 3pm for along 140mile run back! The fish were very far for us but worth it! Spent alot in gas but hey it's tuna fishing! 10 tuna to 25- 70lbs and 7dolphin bunch of blackfins..Here is a pic of most of the haul!Couldn't fit it all in my iphone cam lol!

Here is a pic of the big one! johnny is 6ft 3in for scale...

Man what a epic trip with great friends and my son..I will put a vid together in the next couple of days...

3rd run...
    Well bouyweather and Noaa said 1-2 ft. Did you know that they are both pathological liars? :cuss: Cracked the inlet in total darkness and it was a good 3-4's(always seems rougher at night) .My wife and sister were the crew after numerous calls to round up one more. No one could break free..So i was left to drive,mate,captain,leader,gaff and get yelled at by two women all day! I must be friggin NUTS! :dooh: At about 30 miles out we got a sunrise..

Now this trip was a lot of fun and i'm sorta glad we caught managable tunas and dolphins. It would be my sisters first trip ever off shore.. Might as well make it a 120 mile run right? :biglaugh: I didn't plan on it but birds were scarce and all the boats i saw were fighting for packs. I opted to run past them instead of dealing with the hassle.. We got to a nice pack at around 10am first up was my sister!

She got her first BFT and first offshore fish!

Next up was the wife .She couldn't be happier with her lil YFT because she has been on a couple of trips and we had no sucess.

Then it seemed with every pass we hooked up catching numerous BFT,YFT all in the same size range..They would catch fish then yell at me to rig up some ballyhoo! :bang: They were riding my AZZ! :roflmao:
    They got a double and high fives all around!

Next we got into the dolphin all about the same size..

Then we heard a familiar voice on the radio and headed east to meet up..We saw some pilot whales on the way..

Never know who you will run into 100+ miles offshore... :tooth: Carlos,Tj and crew mixing up drinks..Thanks for the Crown! :king: :drunk:
    We chilled out for an hour and everyone swam except for big daddy he was to tired to get out of the bean bag..

Jumped in and took some shots..
    Slave drivers...

Good times!

At about 5pm i looked at the distance to next it said 99.0 miles home..
    We decided to only run west and only stop at packs that were in our way..
    Ok that didn't happen and i was soon running all over the damn place again..

My wife and sister got another double..I looked back and saw a HUGE splash!
    The rod starting ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZzZZzZZing! Wife was beat so i jumped in the harness with one strap missing! :bang: Fought the fish for a good 45-1hr. Got him to the the leader and POP! I thought well it still has weight.. :scratch: The marlin upchucked out tuna..He smashed his tail in half. I'm guessing he was 200-300lber..Oh well we still got our fish!

Sun sank and we were 70 miles offshore the seas calmed down so we made good time on the way back. Ended up at Square Grouper with Carlos and crew..Bloody stinky and having some cocktails.. :tooth:
    Capped the night off with the women walking thru the drive thru at taco bell..They tried to talk me into taking the boat through but i knew better.. Had a blast with my 2 favorite women!
    The End.

Great post!! Although what I was asking is what has happened to alot of the guys that use to post here? Did they quit when the site was down for so long?

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytranic View Post
    So in other words you were over the 18 boat per limit? It amazes me how many of you break Bahamian laws. What jerk offs.

Wahoo/Dolphin/Kingfish/Tuna

Migratory species shall not exceed 18 fish per vessel at any time. (Not a per day Limit, PER TRIP)

Source: http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/regulations-0
    Damn man you are just a super HATER and one of the first on any of my threads...10+ 7 =17We released a bunch of blackfins..Let me see i have been to the islands 4 times this year so far checked in every time and paid entry. You sir are a jerk off! Let's see one of your threads? My passport has so many bahamian stamps on it it's almost full! I have never poached anything over in the bahamas. I guess I'll just keep my trips to myself.. F-OFF!

You had me second guessing myself..Learn how to add and look at the haul pic dummy! There are 10 Tuna and 7 dolphin! Damn dude get a LIFE!
    Last edited by GT Fish; 07-24-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Just counted my fish

Quote Originally Posted by Cytranic View Post
    You said not all the fish were in your picture. Thats why I made that comment. Check out my threads, I'll personally sign my boat over to you with a full tank of gas if you find I broke any fishing regulation laws.

"Couldn't fit it all in my iphone cam lol!"

I dont really care what you think of me. I'm so sick of you people constantly posting pics of illegal catch. I"m SOOOOOO Glad those guys got busted at Issac Light poaching.
    Yeah look at the pic the last 2 are cut off..You need a new hobby because you SUCK at trolling..You have to be somewhat intelligent..

Here read this book... 10+7=17

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast