3 DAYS OF FISHING - PONCE OFFSHORE 9/21 THROUGH 9/23

Florida Sportsman

Hybrid View

3 DAYS OF FISHING - PONCE OFFSHORE 9/21 THROUGH 9/23

Docked boat at Down the hatch thursday night for her three day stay. Out of the inlet at 7 with a net full all three days. Calm seas Friday and Saturday and a little heavy on Sunday. Most fish caught in 100-120 and 140. Warmer water in 80 feet then cooled down a bit further out. Lots of bait and activity on the water all weekend. The guests on Friday and Saturday limited on Red Snapper within about an hour. 8-14lbs. Several big came off so changed the tackle for Saturday and the overall size increased. Went deeper on Sunday with another tackle change and walla...2 red grouper, 1 gag which was 23 and 5/8 , 1 snapper all within about 25 minutes of lines in the water. Then, of course, when your on fire the seas turn a bit and some of the ladies acquired green faces and I was asked to head in. A little island time and then back to the ramp. Damn I'm tired. Checked in at Down the hatch Snapper tournament to see what had happened. I think they said 25 lb was the biggest of the weekend.

Oh, probably 40 plus sea bass for fun and a six foot nurse shark put on a good 30 minute fight for one of the guys.

No matter where I went there was FWC wanting the ear stones. I said, "hell yes", take them and realize that you need different regs and for god sakes please go have lunch with the SAFMC so you guys can be on the same page and publish the same frigging regs!!!! Also worth noting that I don't think I have ever seen so many fish floating on the water as I did this weekend. Vent your fish properly people. Overall successful fun weekend and paid my debts to some of the "hey when can I go fishing with you" people

So my untrained, illogical, ridiculous, stupid conclusion...Breeding Red Snapper are alive and kicking. Please do your research!
    Enjoy the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0066.jpg   DSC_0051.jpg   DSC_0039.jpg   DSC_0070.jpg   DSC_0082.jpg   DSC_0090.jpg   DSC_0101.jpg   DSC_0112.jpg   DSC_0119.jpg   DSC_0123.jpg   DSC_0126.jpg   DSC_0131.jpg   DSC_0133.jpg   DSC_0157.jpg   DSC_0160.jpg  

DSC_0161.jpg   DSC_0164.jpg   In-Limbo-TooDSC_0021.jpg  
    Support my fishing habit www.AgingTree.com
    [IMG][/IMG]

looks like a stellar day/days.....nice angle on the pics

....hey, when can i go fishing with you?

Nice work captain! Nice boat too. I have a 211 one day it may grow to be a 26 footer.

I need to find more spots out of Ponce one of these days. Other then Sea Bass I never had much luck.

Nice boat yourself

Quote Originally Posted by FinCity View Post
    Nice work captain! Nice boat too. I have a 211 one day it may grow to be a 26 footer.

I need to find more spots out of Ponce one of these days. Other then Sea Bass I never had much luck.
    Fincity, I had a 5 year love affair with my 211 up until I sold it 3 months ago. I absolutely loved that boat. Then I get a call from the guy that bought it and said he ran it up on some rebarb concrete piling in Pensacola Bay. I almost keeled over. I asked to buy it back but notta yet.

As far as spots out of ponce...I had my 211 out 40 miles regularly just take some extra fuel to be safe and pick a good day. Find you some spots on the 21 fathom then do your thang.
    [IMG][/IMG]

very nice.....

Glad to see some ARS from the Atlantic... they are thick here in the panhandle and I know you guys have been itchin to get at them over there. Many divers saying they are everywhere! Oh yeah, awesome boat!

crcattypc I talked to some divers on Saturday that said the same thing about ARS. He said they were trying to weed through them to find grouper but couldn't. Thanks, I am an Everglades lover....can't say enough about the machine. She loves to run on the top at 30+ over 3-4 chop with the tabs down.
    [IMG][/IMG]

InLimbo,
    Your right the 211 is a great boat. The decks are solid, not alot of back around. Great fuel economy handles great and stays on Top with the occasional bottom falling out. lol
    I wished it had a bigger fuel tank, like 90 instead of 66 gals. I always like to come back with a quarter tank to port. Stay on the safe side. In most days I put about 90 to 120 miles on. That's running and gunning, trolling, bottom whatever.
    The motor is never shut off.

Maybe on day I'll see ya out there.
    Tight lines, stay safe.

[QUOTE=FinCity;963126]InLimbo,

I wished it had a bigger fuel tank, like 90 instead of 66 gals.

I hear ya! We always wished she had a bigger fuel capacity. We always took and extra 5 gallons to get us back to port without worrying about it too much. Now I have 200 gallons and it's $1000 to fill her up. ouch so still getting used to that
    [IMG][/IMG]

Great report, those are some solid red grouper.