New Spot, Great Trip! 1/12/13

Florida Sportsman

New Spot, Great Trip! 1/12/13

Chris and I headed out early this morning to scope out a spot I've been wanting to wade. Got in at a really easy access spot and the usual gaggle of waders that are on the east side and started the walk to our spot. After about 20 minutes of walking on the shore to get to the spot, we started fishing. Chris walked out further, while I fished the shallows. Chris starts raking in the trout out deeper. He is up to the edge of his waders and considering he is a good 4 inches taller than me, I couldn't get out there. I watched him catch 10 trout in a short amount of time before heading in because of how deep. We caught a few more trout and some big ladyfish before we decided to turn around. I caught a small snook up shallow which made me think I should be fishing there. Launch my Viper Minnow down a line of fallen trees and I'm slammed! Boils at the top and it's a nice snook. After some close calls with the trees that were in the water, we landed it. Took some pictures and released. I would say it was upper slot. Found a spot where some pipes came out and made a big hole with water rushing out. I was standing over it and there were 5 really nice snook there. All of them spooked, except for one, which wouldn't go away. We tried catching it, then tried to get some underwater pics of it. It let me get within 5 feet of it before it swam off. Caught all of my fish on the Silver Mullet Viper Minnow rigged on a Scorpion Jig head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hhh.jpg   hh.jpg   hhhh.jpg   hhhhh.jpg  
    Last edited by Joupdog1; 01-12-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction

Snook whisperer
    USCG Licensed Captain
    Offshore & Bahamas Fishing Guide for Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.
    Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    e-money99@live.com
    http://www.bluemarlincove.com

Great report.

Nice report.
    Last edited by snook87; 01-12-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Stay fishin mane!! Instagram: TeamFishology

Thanks for the positive comments guys. For anyone wondering about these 2 snook. The 2nd and 3rd picture are of the same snook. The first one is slightly smaller and the red mark on its mouth from the hook is much more distinct and extends towards the lip more. I'm also significantly shallower in the first picture. Thanks again

Thanks for clarifying.

Stay fishin mane!! Instagram: TeamFishology

Great report. Nice job..

Good report, thanks for the new spot, I will have to try it out soon

Quote Originally Posted by billgarren View Post
    Good report, thanks for the new spot, I will have to try it out soon
    No Problem! Best of luck to you!