Struck Gold with Copper Spoon in the Indian Fields.

Florida Sportsman

Struck Gold with Copper Spoon in the Indian Fields.

Took a friend out to the Indian fields sunday evening. It was a little windy and it was a middle tide but we still managed to score. My friend kris caught a few trout on a dark colored twirly tail jig and a sizable snook on a gold spoon that poped off at his boat. I was tossing a watermelon gulp twirly tail for a bit and picked up a cat fish..so I switched to a spook..I got a few pops but no takers. So I switched again to a copper weedless spoon..within a few casts I was hooked up...I got it close to the boat it was a redfish..but 10ft beyond the redfish loomed a 5ft+ bull shark...I was definitely fearing for my hands as I reached down for the red fish. The redfish must have seen the shark and wigged out which in turn freaked out the shark...what a scaredie shark! As the sun set we headed back to the launch...we past by some tailing action so I cast the copper spoon in there..and wammmo the snook hit it..and proceed to jump out the water more the 5 times during our short fight. It was a great day..

Last edited by jocofi; 10-22-2012 at 04:17 PM.

thanks for the report...the I. field used to be a favorite place for me.

Thanks for the report and all the lure details,nice images..
    larrywitt

My fave spot to fish. Love to fish tailers out there. Don't get too many snook so good on you!