Saturday Slamming at St Marks

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saturday Slamming at St Marks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB20In_redfish.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	50063We went to St. Mark's at sunrise to take advantage of cooler weather in the area. I caught a 20" redfish right away using live shrimp.
    There were plenty of Spanish Mackerel that kept crashing into a bait fish school, so I knew I would get some of them. My first was a 20" and then I caught an 18" and kept both. I was losing a lot of bait to a school of small seabass, but then a Mangrove Snapper of keeper size showed up and I was able to add him to my haul. Finally, I caught and released a small redfish and tangled with a variety of other fish to round out the day. Also, I grabbed a stingray by the tail and relocated it out of the way of foot traffic, moving it into deeper water. Don't recommend handling these on a regular basis though.

Lots of fun, and a beer-battered fish fry to boot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB_redfish_20in.jpg   FB_stingray.jpg   FB_20inch_Spanish.jpg   FB_Mangrove_snapper.jpg   FB18in_spanish.jpg   FBReleased_redfish.jpg   FBKeepers.jpg  

Looks like a good day,

Good day

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice haul looks like us shore anglers can get in on some fall fishing , Hope to be there in a couple weeks. Have you ever went out on the long jetty and did any good? Have wanted to but worried about the trip to the jetty could run into one of those guys you so bravely picked up out there.

Nice... we went out Sunday and fed the catfish and my son caught a 18.00000001" red out of Aucilla saw 3 gators and fed Jeff the pig. It was great fun water was extremely dirty.

Keep doing it!... Cheers!
    God, save the South!

Nice job

Sting rays at St. Marks

Quote Originally Posted by lakedouglasdawg View Post
    Nice haul looks like us shore anglers can get in on some fall fishing , Hope to be there in a couple weeks. Have you ever went out on the long jetty and did any good? Have wanted to but worried about the trip to the jetty could run into one of those guys you so bravely picked up out there.
    Yes, you always have to be aware of the stingray. I just kicked into one with my foot at Bald Point the other day - its why I shuffle walk. Not so easy to do on the jetty though, as there are too many rocks. Good luck!

We have had a lot of rain lately and its messing up our water clarity... Using a lot of 'smelly' baits and trying to avoid the cats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast