Everglades Tarpon Sept 9

Florida Sportsman

Everglades Tarpon Sept 9

Got to the spot as the sun was setting and realized that we were running short on bait. We ran to catch a few more baits at a nearby bait spot while there was still a little bit of day light and went back to the spot. After twenty minutes my bream got slammed while i was retrieving it slowly. At first I thought it was a snook because it took it so close to the bank but as soon as the hook was set it took a hard run and went airborne a few times. After the amazing and memorable fight on light spinning tackle I landed my biggest freshwater tarpon to date. I estimate 20 -25 lbs.

Awesome job! Doesn't surprise me that he hit up along the bank...The areas I fish for freshwater snook and tarpon, I often find them pushing baits towards the shoreline before smashing it...

Sweeeet!

congratulations!

Nice work !!!

Awesome fish! Musta been a heckuva fight!!!! Man am I jealous of the huge variety of fish yall have in freshwater in SFL...makes me cringe when I think of all the tarpon that are at a headspring (off the st. johns) in the winter near me, but I cant fish for them!!!!!!