Labor Day Weekend Groupers and Muttons !

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Labor Day Weekend Groupers and Muttons !

Mutton-Man, Chill and me fishing on Labor Day Weekend !

I had been really anxious to do another trip with Benny (on my boat of course) and get some payback on those runaway trains I wasn’t able to stop last trip. Huge groupers and snappers I was hoping to target I told Benny. I wasn’t really interested in any yellowtail, Big Groupers or Muttons would be the intended target of the day.
    I attempted to invite a couple of Benny speculators in a thread I came across and thought maybe by offering to share with them some of the required info for finding and catching big fish on the bottom. How much chum or even if you should chum, leader strength, size, weights, knots etc… Long story short couldn’t find anyone interested in fishing in OT !
    I then asked myself where could I find anyone interested in fishing on here ? The fishing reports section ! That’s when I thought of Chil and sure enough one text later he was in . We planned to go to an area neither one of us had fished before and wanted to find some new spots.

Long story short !
    3 Groupers Yellow, Red and short Black released
    4 Muttons
    4 YT
    and several fish lost that cut the line.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yellowfin Cropped.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	48816Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Groupers and Muttons.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	48817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muttons and Red cropped.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	48818]

What a memorable trip. Thanks again Benny !!
    Last edited by Lone Drifter; 09-06-2012 at 06:20 PM.

LD,

You know we have to go back and hit those spot we marked on your machine! You me, one text is all that is needed!

awesome eating! there are a lot of Benny haters on the forum, and i can kind of see where they are coming from, but there is NO denying that he puts ppl on FISH! He knows where the fish like to hang out! Good job out there!

we saw this already. btw, time to eat more veggies. oh, and welcome back buddy.

HialeahAngler;916197]we saw this already. btw, time to eat more veggies. oh, and welcome back buddy.
    So you wish to continue ?

Funny how a few members are allowed to stalk, harrass, derail, curse and insult other members. Yet when anyone who stands up to them is then banned for questionable reasons ?

HA Too bad you really don't fish. Just lurk !

You should of accepted my offer of going out fishing ! Then you wouldn't be asking other members how to fish for Muttons.

Thanks for letting us know it is your veggie time but honestly try drinking more milk !

BTW, FYI I am no buddy of yours !

Did you see this also ?

Quote Originally Posted by NOAA-Enforcement View Post
    If he is going on their boat as a “consultant”. Providing just his knowledge of boating and fishing he does not fall under the definition of a charter, if fishing in Federal Waters. Meaning he is not required to have a Federal charter/headboat permit.

However, if he is doing this and someone else pays to go along on the boat then he would be considered a charter.

For example; Fisherman #1 hires him as a “consultant” on his boat and Fisherman #2 pays to go along fishing, then it would be considered a charter.

*THIS IS ONLY FOR FEDERAL WATERS.

I hope that helps and is not to confusing HA !.
    Last edited by Lone Drifter; 09-06-2012 at 08:54 PM.

are you gonna pretend that you didn't call certain people out in your post? are you going to edit it? isn't this what you wanted since this report was already posted? not sure why you posted the NOAA stuff, but I would bet my left one that people in those boats have split the cost to hire your bud, so in my eyes, it's illegal. he has to hate when you guys do this stupid stuff. anyway, nice catch gordy.

are you gonna pretend that you didn't call certain people out in your post? are you going to edit it? isn't this what you wanted since this report was already posted? not sure why you posted the NOAA stuff, but I would bet my left one that people in those boats have split the cost to hire your bud, so in my eyes, it's illegal. he has to hate when you guys do this stupid stuff. anyway, nice catch
    Then what you are saying is we are in Federal Waters when we fish in 50,60 and 80 feet ?
    Last edited by Lone Drifter; 09-06-2012 at 07:26 PM.

no. I'm saying that you're fat.

Quote Originally Posted by HialeahAngler View Post
    no. I'm saying that you're fat.
    Says the blind dumbazz midget ! I am husky not fat !

Funny how a few members are allowed to stalk, harrass, derail, curse and insult other members. Yet when anyone who stands up to them is then banned for questionable reasons ?

When the debate is lost ! Backup plan act like a fool !!

Originally Posted by Hickory Dog
    Name calling is the only thing HA has, as he is too deficient to make an actual point.
    HialeahAngler
    shut up before i kick your assssssss!
    Originally Posted by HialeahAngler
    I would probably drop the ambien and start smoking weed. that'll put you to sleep

hush before we snitch on you. speaking to Joey

right. of course I want to hire a reef retard, that fishes on other people's boats, and rapes all the commercial spots that his cousin showed him in trust over their lifetime. were you not around for the family squabble? do you guys really not know how to bait your hooks and rig your rods?
    6/30/12 Whistle Buoy
    7/1/12 Whistle Buoy
    7/2/12 Whistle Buoy
    7/4/12 Whistle Buoy
    7/5/12 Whistle Buoy
    get the point? 50ft, 80ft, 60ft..... blah blah blah. GMAFB. soon the FWC will make rules just to keep this type of business in check. if you notice I hadn't said one bad thing about him, but if you're gonna be his buddy and stick your foot in your mouth, so be it. he doesn't need your help, believe me.
    what size leader are you using for the mutts? last time I went out we were yellowtailing with 20# fluoro, and the mutts were owning us, and hitting YT baits.

Caso Cerrado Acere !

HialeahAngler

Jorge
    born in Cuba
    In US 1979-1980
    Married 5 yrs to a beautiful Cuban chick with a huge butt.
    3 yr old daughter.
    No pets.
    Best fisherman in Miami.
    Live in Hialeah , Fl.
    Last edited by Lone Drifter; 09-06-2012 at 10:12 PM.

lmao. arroz con frijolez is not a food group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast