River, Wind, and Red Bullz...

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

River, Wind, and Red Bullz...

Got out Sat. morning early with some friends to try and sneak a couple hours in before the winds picked up. The big reds were chewing good for the conditions. Maybe the falling barometer helped, who knows, but by 9:30 the wind was howling and the river got pretty snotty. got off the water by noon and there was a 3 ft. wind chop in Clapboard creek by the ramp!!

Broke a couple off to rocks on the bottom as well. The biggest one ate a whole crab and the others were on cut bait.

Nice Fish!

Wow... That last photo shows some smooth water... Bet it got ugly...
    Older.....Slower....but I still put the fear of GOD in the fishes..........

that was early Leon......it got ugly after 9:30 or so.....the first two hours weren't bad at all, just breezy.

Did the Marines give you any trouble?? There going to hear an ear full next month at the RFA meeting. CROWLEY got their 1000 yd restriction zone shoved up their Azz by the RFA lawyers. It's time to fight back!!!

Good job Dave!! Those are nice fish n good pics!!

@Slug-o coming from a Marine... Nobody is shoving anything up their AZz!! Those Marines are just performing their jobs as ordered too!! Remember that it could have been some of those Marines that fought for your freedom, soo think rationally and direct your anger in another direction bud!!

What I'm talking about is the Blount Island Marine police dept and their own interpretation of CFR 314.515. They are not MPs.. And yes I served 8 years myself in the USMC. TOW gunner FTW!!!

http://law.justia.com/cfr/title33/33...8.0.10.69.html

I for one would never give up an ounce of freedom for an pound of security. One it's gone it's never given back...
    Last edited by Slug-O; 08-28-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Actually I havn't had any trouble this year. I know where the line is and I stay outside of it by a comfortable margin. I really don't know why alot of folks feel they need to be right on or inside of it. We caught the one there but it was slow there. I hit a couple other holes and found them better there. This time of year they are pretty much at every good spot if you know what to look for. No reason to give the Jarheads any reason to hassle you. I've found the outgoing to be better but that day it was getting pretty rough in the river as the tide fell. With a hard outgoing and that wind whipping right down the river from the east/northeast, I took a few waves over the transom and called it. leave them for a better day. It's just gonna get better in the next few weeks anyways. I do wish they'd put up some signs or bouys or something there though. not everyone knows it's off limits. I've watched a bunch run right up to the back side of the jetty rocks there and start flounder fishing!! LOL...until officer friendly comes shooting down the beach in his car and runs them off with the loudspeaker....

Quote Originally Posted by Slug-O View Post
    What I'm talking about is the Blount Island Marine police dept and their own interpretation of CFR 314.515. They are not MPs.. And yes I served 8 years myself in the USMC. TOW gunner FTW!!!

http://law.justia.com/cfr/title33/33...8.0.10.69.html

I for one would never give up an ounce of freedom for an pound of security. One it's gone it's never given back...
    Touché
    And Semper Fi Brother!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dave View Post
    Actually I havn't had any trouble this year. I know where the line is and I stay outside of it by a comfortable margin. I really don't know why alot of folks feel they need to be right on or inside of it. We caught the one there but it was slow there. I hit a couple other holes and found them better there. This time of year they are pretty much at every good spot if you know what to look for. No reason to give the Jarheads any reason to hassle you. I've found the outgoing to be better but that day it was getting pretty rough in the river as the tide fell. With a hard outgoing and that wind whipping right down the river from the east/northeast, I took a few waves over the transom and called it. leave them for a better day. It's just gonna get better in the next few weeks anyways. I do wish they'd put up some signs or bouys or something there though. not everyone knows it's off limits. I've watched a bunch run right up to the back side of the jetty rocks there and start flounder fishing!! LOL...until officer friendly comes shooting down the beach in his car and runs them off with the loudspeaker....
    I do smile to myself when I see boats run to the rocks too. Damn there are some flounder holding on those rocks. There are plenty of good spots in the river and I dont fish that area much anymore.

River555........Semper Fi to you too......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast