Learning the right way
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Learning the right way

So after owning my first fly outfit for a few weeks I'm realizing more and more that I still suck at casting a fly..I'm in Orlando by UCF was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations as far as lessons go around the east orlando area or space coast. I know of a couple but wanted to know what everyone thought about them. Before I started I thought I might be able to teach myself but I can already feel the bad habits developing lol

I don't want to be the guy out wading around the flats looking hopeless with a fly rod so I haven't taken it to saltwater yet..I've just been scouting around with the spinning gear at whatever flats looked good on google earth lol finally got a big trout the other day behind the hospital but not even a sign of a my first red!

Orlando Outfitters on Corrine Dr. Go see them.

Capt Chris is great and reasonbly priced you can contact him thru Mosquito Creek Outdoors in Apopka 321-229-2848

Bass Pro Shops used to have group classes on Sat and Sunday mornings I'm not sure if they still do? Give them a call.

There's alot of DVDs and videos on Youtube that can be helpful but honestly haveing someone knowledgable hands on is the best way to go.

At some point or another we all look like idiots out there. Watch some casting videos and go have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownNash View Post
    At some point or another we all look like idiots out there. Watch some casting videos and go have fun.
    LoL, This is so true!