Any fishing in West Palm beach in November?

Florida Sportsman

Any fishing in West Palm beach in November?

Hi

Im new to the forum, nice one by the way!

Maybe you guys can help me ouit with this, Ill be traveling to West Palm beach on November, been looking around for some info but theres almost nothing.
    I know temps are getting low in November but I would like to know what species might hang around for a while to fly fish for them.

Thanks

Armando

Can't really help you with WPB but welcome to the forum. Glad you found us & where is your home base?
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.

Hey Sparse,
    Im from Colombia and live in Bogota. My flyfishing goes from rainbows in the mountain lakes we have an hour ride from home, to peacock bass, payara and lots of other species in the Orinoco and Amazon basin in the dry season and bonefish, cudas, snook and tarpon in the caribean. Still havent fished the pacific for sailfish, tunas etc.
    Also tie my own flies and try to travel each time I can to some foreign destinies to fish!

Thanks for your response!

Welcome to the forum AG.
    There is ALWAYS something to have fun with a fly with around south east Florida, regardless of the time of year or weather...it may be with 5 weights...might be 15 weights....huge species list through the year here. Alot inshore, and Tons offshore.
    If you are on foot, you may find early season jacks, bluefish, ladyfish and spanish mackerel along the beaches anywhere from Jupiter to Boynton inlets. The area around McArtur Park/ Munyon Island at the north end of Lake Worth may have some late season snook if the weather is still on the warm side. Redfish and seatrout in that area also would not be a surprised. You can wade that area, but be careful about stingrays and very soft bottom here and there. The night fishing for snook and tarpon should also be good during Novemeber.
    If you can get out on a boat, there should be dolphin, blackfin and skipjack tuna, king mackerel and possibly sailfish. Also assorted snappers, groupers and jacks,( amberjacks, horse-eye, african pompano, etc) around the reefs and wrecks a sinking line is great for.
    Clouser minnows and baitfish patterns cover most everything. 2 - 3/0 hooks, 2" - 6" overall length on the flies, White, Olive/white, Chart/white, Blue/white and Yellow are all good colors. Have fun while you're here.
    Capt. Scott

Captain Scott covered it well but if you're staying in a place that has a residential lake like a golf course lake, many of them have good bass fishing. Try a # 4 chartruse or frog colored popper early evening or morning. If it's in your budget, try a night charter for snook and tarpon.

Oh wow!! thanks Cap Scott, thats a lot of info, Im glad I registered in this forum. Hope to wade along some good places but also hope to fish from a boat, that makes a huge difference!!
    I'll tie some clousers, do you have any contact phone? Do you take people fishing?
    And thanks a lot Troutbom, some freshwater fishing is also a nice plan to fish for, bass are some cool fighting species on light rods!!

Thanks for your responses guys!

Armando

AG,
    http://www.flyfishingextremes.com
    Hit the "contact" button and you'll be in my mailbox.
    Capt. Scott