Miamimuttonman Report 9/18/12 The yellowfin solo

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Miamimuttonman Report 9/18/12 The yellowfin solo

The solo customer. He wanted to get away from the office and catch a few fish for dinner. He doesnít want to come out in pictures and I respect privacy. Here is where it started we went out to bug light and got a few nice baits and then headed south to the missing Buoy spot, we anchored in 60 feet and started to chum and I put out a rod with a wire and a live cigar minnow and left it in the rod holder, as he was catching a few tails and bonitos, he also hooked a nice fish that pulled straight down and cut him off on the bottom, before he could turn it. Then minutes later he hooked up another fish that he tried to stop from going down as I coached him, this fish ended up straightening the hook after he was able to turn his head on the way down. these hooks hold up to nice muttons Iíve caught my biggest mutton on 12 lb test line with this little hook and it never straightened like this one did, that fish had to be big. Then we hear the flat line rod go off and he gets it and he is hooked up with a nice king on 20lb test it fought good after boating it we put out another live bait and nothing, while we waited a few minutes, I took advantage of a big school of Speedo at the bag and I got about 20. Then he wanted to go to the big yellowtail spot so we did and after getting, the tails where we could see them , we got a huge tail almost to the boat and a shark swallowed it whole. Then the rest disappeared and he never got another, so we didnít stay too long here, I wanted to go to a mutton spot and he decided to head back and run deep incase we ran into a school of dolphin. we started back north and not a thing, no birds or weeds on the way, we were running in 400 feet as we got just outside Fowey light we saw some frigates dipping to the east we ran out there in 720 feet and they were in action still, so we quickly tossed two baits out and had a double hook up, boated one and put two more baits out and nothing, we noticed there was a nice weed line near by and these where the only weeds we had seen the whole way, tried more live baits and nothing so we headed in. here are a few pics

Great catch Benny !

Can't wait to get back out there.

Nice Benny!!!

DAng, you catch em up for sure!
    Due to the Current State of the Economy,

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off!

Way to go Benny!

Great day on the water!!!!

Nice mixed bag...but nicer boat!

I want that boat!

Nice catch.

2011 42' Yellowfin Triple 350 Yami's

Badass.. Boat nice fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast