hi-point handguns

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

hi-point handguns

well my birthday is monday so i figured i would buy my self my first handgun. im on a tight budget and have been looking at the hi-point c9 i have seen mixed reviews on it some say it is a great gun some say it needs a little tweaking like polishing the feed ramp and tuning the magazine and some say it is garbage. i wont be using it for a carry gun unless im fishing a beach at night or skyway piers (you see some shady people there) it will only be shot at the range and that wont be often. im just wondering if any one has any experience with this model or knows of any in the same price range that is decent.

My opinion. Search a few pawn shops and find a used stainless 38 revolver with a short barrel. (Hammerless if you can find one)

I just finished my CWP class and they said stay away from those, not the best pea shooter, go Ruger or S&W

Quote Originally Posted by rrbgtt View Post
    My opinion. Search a few pawn shops and find a used stainless 38 revolver with a short barrel. (Hammerless if you can find one)
    not a big fan of revolvers for some reason.

ponce why did they say to stay away from them? and im pretty sure a ruger or a s&w wont be in my budget.

Have you tried to conceal a high point before? Not exactly too easy. Not to mention they are difficult to clean/dissasemble. Also you can pretty much forget about any fun at the range as the trigger is hit or miss.

For the price, you cant beat a kel tec for a carry gun. Search fl gun trader daily and soon enough a deal will pop up on one. For a range plinker- you want something that will be fun, not a pita. Save up and get yourself a ruger .22 or a gsg 1911-22. Cheap ammo, loads of fun for hours without breakng the bank.

i dont want a carry gun or a concealed carry gun since when i am fishing by law i can open carry if i choose but most likely it will be in my truck for when im asleep in the truck.

I would for sure looking in Pawn Shops for a Quality used gun,S&W,Ruger,Springfield Armory,Glock,If you want a Semi Auto the 3rd Generation S&W Autos are good & still somewhat common on the used gun market one of My Favorites is the S&W 3913 9mm small enough for CCW but not too small,S&W "J" Frame 5 shot revolvers are hard to beat for Quality & reliability.

ill check out some of the pawn shops around here but all the ones in my area are garbage i literally have more things in my truck then they have in the store and i dont have any thing in my truck

I haven't owner or shot a Hi-Point and after looking at them, I never will. Quality is substandard at best. No way I'd use one for self defense. If you're on a tight budget look at used guns. A well made used gun is far more reliable than a cheaply made new one.

Never personally shot one but know a good friend who has one, he likes it and shoots it a good bit with no problems. If that's your budget I say go for it. Asking here is like asking if chilis or longhorns is good food or if Penn makes a good reel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast