Trout Trout Trout

Florida Sportsman

Trout Trout Trout

Started the day at the little jetties without much luck. It took us 20 mins to get anchored up due to the current. There were 2-3 other boats that kept drifting and were unable to anchor... the current was so strong that even 10oz was too small. God forbid that we had a bite over there I don't know how we would even get the fish out as it was hard enough just reeling in the 10oz and the finger mullet.

So we headed towards dames point around 10, we stopped at a few docks on the way and find a spot that was on fire with trout and yellowmouth. We limited out on trout within an 20 minutes (3 of us) and caught probably 30-40 good size yellowmouths and 13"-15" whitings. None of the trouts were over 20"...

Next stop was dames point, we fished a couple spots there for another hour or so without any luck. We were hope to get some nice reds but didn't happen.

Overall, it was a very nice day on the water without any rain but no reds or flounders! (for me that is)

Who else was out on the river today?
    The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Sweet. What were you throwing at the trout?

We had some mullets but mainly live shrip

Sounds like a fun day. Nice report.
    "Great Daye Fishing Team" Powered by Wilford's Service Center and Blue Water Candy Lures.
    '14 Pathfinder 22 TRS
    Yamaha F200

Get out early--before 6 am and throw Mirrorlure Catch 2000s. See what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminGA View Post
    Get out early--before 6 am and throw Mirrorlure Catch 2000s. See what happens.
    I actually bought a few different ones last week, I'll have to try that next weekend. Thanks for the advice brother!

I probably saw you at the jetties. Were you there around 9am? It took me 4 tries to hook up and my sinkers were just floating in the current. We tried Whiteshell as well found no biting fish whatsoever...not even nibbles on live shrimp. We had crab and live mullet, too.

Nice report!

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish View Post
    I probably saw you at the jetties. Were you there around 9am? It took me 4 tries to hook up and my sinkers were just floating in the current. We tried Whiteshell as well found no biting fish whatsoever...not even nibbles on live shrimp. We had crab and live mullet, too.
    I think I was there around that time. What boat were you in? Were you next to that Grady White or to my left right by the point of the jetties?