Ending The Summer With A Slam! 8/14/12

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ending The Summer With A Slam! 8/14/12

Went out this morning to try and get on some of the tarpon we hooked yesterday and they were a little more picky. Jumped off 3 of them all together. Then my buddy(Jason) calls me and asks if I want to go wade with him, so with it being the last day of my summer break, I couldn't say no. On the water about 5:00pm and I'm using a MirrOdine and he's using a DOA Shrimp. It doesn't take long before were in some small trout, then he hooks up and here comes a nice, big 24 inch trout. Snap a few pics and released. After that we catch some more trout and they were hitting the shrimp a lot better than the MirrOdine, but I stuck with it anyway. He caught another 10 trout and missed twice as many, while the only fish I could trick into eating was a catfish. We keep working down and finally I hook into a nice trout that went airborne quickly, it was upper slot, but nothing special. Jason walks further out and I choose to fish a dock. Toss under the dock and I'm slammed by a nice 28 inch snook! Put up a nice fight. I work down a little further and I have something take the MirrOdine and it pulls some drag and then I see that bright blue tail. It's the slot redfish to complete my slam! Pretty good trip overall, lots of action. All fish were caught on MirrOdine's(bright green back) and DOA Shrimp(Watermelon/Holographic and Copper Crush).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails slama2.jpg   slama1.jpg   slama3.jpg  

Nice.

Nice trout.

Nice slam !! For some reason the snook always seem to evade me for the slam. you would think it would be the reds. but I fish the east side more than the west and it seems those snook like the docks.

Tight Lines..

Nice slam and great finish to a very productive summer!

Nice way to end your summer Joupdog1. Hope this doesn't end an occasional fishing trip for you.

Strong summer you boys had! Keep the reports coming!

Thanks everyone, I think I'll still find some time to fish

I gotta give you props you catch a lot of nice fish and let them go for others to catch! Great work!

so you were using a mirodine and buddy using DOA... so was god using the zara in the background of the snook picture?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast