Saturday Night Lights and Sunday Morning Wading. 8/11-8/12

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Saturday Night Lights and Sunday Morning Wading. 8/11-8/12

Saturday Night:

Dad and I put in around sunset at Sheppard's Park and made a run, dodging rain last night. No heavy rain, just a steady, annoying sprinkle. 1st light and dad hooks up, after some drag peels off the reel, he gets him around something sharp on the piling and snaps the line. I follow him up and get the night started with a 25 inch snook. On the next light, we had to catch our exotic snook for the night. This time it was a tarpon snook. We make another run closer to the Roosavelt and the fish in the 3rd picture was caught in a "super secret" spot. After that, I break out the MirrOdine and throw around the bridge pilings to see what was out there. Ladyfish, ladyfish and more ladyfish. So off to a few more dock lights, dads 1st cast and he's hooked up to a nice snook! 26 inches and it put up quite the fight in the deeper water. Now I try to get one from the same light and after 10 casts I thought it wouldn't happen. I cast and let it sink 10ft to the bottom as I pull the trolling motor up. I start to reel and "BAM!!". Hooked up and the drag peels off. The fish stays down for a while, but finally comes up and it's a beast of a snook! We got a few more snook on some lights, but none that topped the few previous ones. Ended up with 7 snook and 1 trout all caught on DOA Glow CAL's with Scorpion jig heads.

Sunday Morning:

Got to sleep about 1:30am and right back up at sunrise to go wade with a few buddies. It was non stop action on the trout till about 9:30. I got 4 trout that were over slot including a 24 incher! On the way in, we hit a few docks, and I'm slammed under the dock. Drag is screaming and I'm thinking it's a nice snook. Turns out to be another barracuda?! This one bigger than last trips. Over 26 inches, so pretty big for the river. Ended up with 25 trout and a big cuda. All fish were caught on MirrOdine's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails res1.jpg   res2.jpg   res3.jpg   res4.jpg   res5.jpg   res6.jpg  

Nice....now EVERYBODY knows there's snook that live around the Roosevelt Bridge! Great job working that big girl in last night!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoup View Post
    Nice....now EVERYBODY knows there's snook that live around the Roosevelt Bridge!
    That might be helpful and good job on the Snook. Nice job also on that fat trout.

there are no snook at that bridge. nice fish joup

Solid as always! Thanks for the report heading out in the AM.

O and welcome to the board BigJoup ill take a capt and ginger

Nice report, thanks for posting.

Send me you phone number. I'm in Florida from Louisiana been trying to catch a snook for three days. We going tonight if you want to go. I'm in Jensen beach right now.

Great outing(s) and report as usual. I'm gonna try some of your secret wading spots as soon as my kid is back in school.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......

Lookin good!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast