surf fishing

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surf fishing

surf fishing

any reports on surf fishing north of si inlet this time of the year?

I've been looking for the something I'm going to try fishing tomorrow

How far north of SI?

I fished Canaveral Seashore North this morning. Caught ten whiting, three sm pomps and two bluefish.

That's good to hear I like to fish cocoa beach and on up to the port

I fished Sunday morning in Indialantic off 11th ave & caught ~ 10 whiting, a few blues, & 1 hardhead using cut shrimp at sunrise. Left the beach when the bite turned off ~9am.. didn't see any fleas..

I tried a Spessard Holland on Sunday for a couple of hours before high tide with my wife and son. We had to leave early but only caught two small (1 foot) bonnethead sharks. Didn't see any pompano caught but we left about an hour and a half before high tide so I'm not sure if the bite turned on later. I was able to get BIG fleas in the surf but they were pretty spread out.
    "There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." –Steven Wright

Floridana, if you can find the sand fleas the whiting are eating. Two pompano this weekend, Sunday. I big spinner 100 plus lbs. 3 jumps and then goodbye

Neighbor says to walk the beach, when you find the fleas the whiting are out about 15 to 20 feet. Key is to follow the fleas!

I just got back about an hour ago from surf fishing about ten streets up from the pier and didn't even get a bite I was using shrimp and was hoping to net some bait but there was nothing. There's was a lot of people fishing and I saw two sharks brought in around 3 foot and some blues but nothing for me

Fished Playalinda on Sunday with my son. We caught 21 Whiting kept 6 the rest were small.12 Bluefish kept 4. 2 Black Drum 15"&18" on crab flavor Fishbites.1 Jack. 1 23 1/2" Redfish caught on a Pompano rig on Clam. Saw several Spinner Sharks. Gt yourself some Fishbites. we caught several Whiting on them as well.

Fished CNS Lot #4 north on Wed - had 15 keeper whiting, two blues and two skates all on peeled shrimp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast