I found the reds - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizzo View Post
    Yeah, we kinda followed you guys up near the bridge. We tried to hit the mouth of mill cove but got nothing. I don't know much about fishing that area yet so I just watch what other people do. I'm gonna find me some good spots around there eventually.
    lol that's funny, we do the same thing.... but never consider the fact that the people you're following might not know what they're doing either
    The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Great report and some good eatin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzo View Post
    Yeah, we kinda followed you guys up near the bridge. We tried to hit the mouth of mill cove but got nothing. I don't know much about fishing that area yet so I just watch what other people do. I'm gonna find me some good spots around there eventually.
    Try anchoring around the north piling of the Dames Point for bulls. Their there it is just a matter of getting them to eat. Also, if you haven't already, try the little jetties near the mouth of trout river. Lots of bulls there.

good day on the water and an awesome dinner! cant beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by saltygator11 View Post
    Great report and some good eatin.
    Thanks! Last night I grilled my redfish. Redfish isn't my favorite fish but if you cut out the bloodline, toss on some oldbay and grill it, thats some good food. Its pretty healthy too.

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnsrunner View Post
    Try anchoring around the north piling of the Dames Point for bulls. Their there it is just a matter of getting them to eat. Also, if you haven't already, try the little jetties near the mouth of trout river. Lots of bulls there.
    I fish out of a 14' stumpknocker. Last Sunday I had 3 200lb+ guys in it. We were fishing the south pilings (near JaxAngler) and I wanted to drop near the north pilings. We motored over there and the current was ripping. I didn't think it was very safe in my boat so we split. I think I'm gonna try around the slack tide next time or maybe with just one fat guy in the boat. What kind of weight does it take to hold bottom in that current? 4-6 oz? I was fishing with 3oz on the south side out of the current and it was holding fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog91 View Post
    good day on the water and an awesome dinner! cant beat that!
    Gotta love Jax!
    -Jon

Those hush puppies are makin me hungry. I'm so ready for a fish fry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12