First trip with Trophy after sinking near shore reds..

Florida Sportsman

First trip with Trophy after sinking near shore reds..

Well the boat is back in the water and ready for action,$4151.00 for electrical $6963.00 ETEC motor..Makes a case for insurance to be up to date.. Frank had FRI OFF so i decided to hit my near shore numbers no more than 13 miles out of red fish pass first spot was the best 9 miles out 3 keepers to 21 lost three bigger fish to pulled hooks..Must have had 10 to 15 that were 18 to 19 1/2 inches.. tried two more spots out to 13 miles out plenty of shorts no keepers..Not bad for fishing during a full moon phase..Boat ran great, seas were not to bad..We only took spin rods as we were going to target Spanish and little tunney they were a no show..By the way the stomachs of the fish had hand size crabs in them kind of brown color with dark dime size spots on them..we kept two and froze them for next trip out..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0715.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	52101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0718.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	52102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0720.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	52103
    By mistake i grabed a bag of octapus for bait in instead of squid, the grunts would not eat it. Have to be more careful next time..
    Have to spend time mixing up more chum..

It was a beautiful day out there for sure! Thanks for the great day out larry! All I've got to say is my arm is sore from all the fish we yank up from the bottom! The water was pretty dirty, even as we approched 45 ft. Oh! hooked up with a what I think was about 4-5 ft Sand bar shark also. That stick I'm using and the other in the holder are Ugly stick heavy and med jiggin stix's, and I was impressed how quickly they yanked up the fish, 1 is rigged with 80 lbs PP slick and the lighter in rigged with 55 lbs PP. Got those to battle those big A.J.'s. haven't tanggled with one yet but I know now those A.J's are in trouble!

Nice job guys. So what depth did you end up fishing at?

Our best spot was a 40 ft hole in 37 ft of water only about 9 miles or so out of red fish..It was way better than than the deeper spots that i hit this time of the year.
    larrywitt

good to know. I'll hope to be out there this weekend at some point.