Seasons on the Flats- Great New Book

Florida Sportsman

Seasons on the Flats- Great New Book

I thought I would post this for those of you looking for some new flats fly fishing content to devour. I just finished reading Bill Horn's (WPHorn) recently published book, Seasons on the Flats. Bill is a member of this forum and I know he's too modest to mention it himself, so I will. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone interested in fly fishing The Keys. This book is a nice mix of Keys history, commentary from seasoned expert flats guides, sketches by Bob White, some photos to support the text, several decades of personnal experience and some comical stories to which any fisherman can relate. The foundation of the book focuses on how the seasons affect the species most often sought with a fly rod on The Keys flats.

Thanks for mentioning it. I love books about Florida, I'm going to pick this one up when I get the chance.
    John.

Ordered mine yesterday

Dave -- thanks for the kind words and Zhunter thanks for the order. You can see book excerpts and other details, including direct ordering info, at www.seasonsontheflats.com. Thanks again.

Bill

I think it is a great thing when writers are members of forums I am on. Going to order it!!

Edit: done. Wish it was on Kindle though
    Last edited by avmech; 08-13-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Member #10822