Shark tips?

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shark tips?

Shark tips?

Of late I have been attempting to chase larger sharks. Typically I will use large ladyfish, bull mullet or bonita as bait. I caught a 5 footer a few weeks ago and almost hailed something larger in, but it snapped my 10/0 hook. Since then just small atlantic sharp nosed sharks. Similar tides, same spot. Am I missing something?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by abovebored; 08-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.

i had a dream right before i woke up that i was chucking half of a big ladyfish in the water, from shore, not even a big cast, and within 2 minutes it was being taken by a HUGE like 9 10 ft tiger it looked like. i saw it roll right on the surface, then it came up and bit my friends leg who was wading knee deep in the water along the mangroves, reached for my gun, saw it release his thigh and i ran for a towel. that was a crazy dream.

for larger sharks, you just have to chuck bait, and hope there are large sharks around i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Of late I have been attempting to chase larger sharks. Typically I will use large ladyfish, bull mullet or bonita as bait. I caught a 5 footer a few weeks ago and almost hailed something larger in, but it snapped my 10/0 hook. Since then just small atlantic sharp nosed sharks. Similar tides, same spot. Am I missing something?

So I was watching a T.V show last night and the guy had a really good idea.. Put some cut up fish in panty hose, yes I said panty hose lol.. It acts as a chum bag and the sharks scoop it up and love it.. The show is called "Off the Hook extreme fishing" it's on animal planet. I would of never thought of doing this until he did it yesterday.

then you have a shark with nylon panty hose in its gut.. that was about the stupidest thing I ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by testerman28 View Post
    then you have a shark with nylon panty hose in its gut.. that was about the stupidest thing I ever seen.
    Not necessarily, the shark didn't swallow it and if you set the hook at the right time it wont go in its gut.. If you watch the episode you see the panty hose in the sharks mouth and they removed it.

first are you casting baits or kayaking baits off a beach or pier? or are you on a boat? if kayaking or on a boat get a nice ray and paddle him out or float it off the boat with a few holes on him from stabbing it with a knife. little sharks wont mess with it. smallest i have got on a whole 10lb ray was around 6 foot.

I am bridge fishing. I have 4 conventionals. I will balloon 2 and bottom fish 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I am bridge fishing. I have 4 conventionals. I will balloon 2 and bottom fish 2.

Agree

if your ballooning get the big punch ball balloons and float a ray out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast