snakehead fishing on mon
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

snakehead fishing on mon

I am taking my son snakehead fishing on mon. We will be going to veterans park off Altlantic Blvd. I've loaded up with plastic frogs and some old lures that I don't mind lossing. I have a canoe and If I put in a the park and paddle east toward some feeder canals I hope to have some luck. We will write back on tues and let you know how we did. If anyone has any other hotspots other that the C-14 I would love to try them.

Good luck , I hear they are skiddish so using a canoe should be a plus.
    "You'll get your weather"

Take some spinner baits. The snakehead bite is better on spinnerbaits than frogs right now. Fished hard for snakeheads yesterday. None would take the moveing frog, two took the spro frog and seven took a spinnerbait.

thanks for the tip. i have some old lures with small propellers on them and I am thinking those would work but I think I have some old spinner baits layin around too

I tried Tuesday same area with no luck. Caught a few bass but not one snake head. Had top water frogs, lures with proprlers-- the elussive snake head could not be found. Maybe the weather is too hot? Maybe Mr. Snake Head needs to go on the endandered spices list.... Maybe I am missing the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizangler View Post
    I tried Tuesday same area with no luck. Caught a few bass but not one snake head. Had top water frogs, lures with proprlers-- the elussive snake head could not be found. Maybe the weather is too hot? Maybe Mr. Snake Head needs to go on the endandered spices list.... Maybe I am missing the boat.
    At least I don't feel so bad I was really frustrated mon - will try again next mon

Don't give up guys...Though the snakehead is a very aggressive/tenacious predator, they are also very skiddish and picky...In a typical outting I'll see 10-20 snakeheads but only get 5-10 to bite...Meanwhile, I'll have already caught a half dozen or so large mouth bass...Continue to work the waters that feed off of the C-14 and you will eventually find them...They are definitely there...