Fishing the Deep Wrecks for Mutton Snapper out of Haulover 08-04-2012

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fishing the Deep Wrecks for Mutton Snapper out of Haulover 08-04-2012

I went out today w/ my great uncle Ness and we wanted to try and hit the deeper wrecks out of Haulover for some big muttons.

We pulled up to 80feet and there was very little current for the first hour and a half of fishing. We were picking off the tails but couldn't get a mutton to bite. All of a sudden the current starts picking up and then eventually starts SMOKING to the north. The next hour produced steady mutton strikes until we decided to call it a day.

Here's a few pics of the catch...5 for 7 on Muttons up to 11lbs. assorted Tails and a random Hog that ate a mutton bait.

Tight lines out there

Nice, Mutton Mike, great catch,their stomachs look like, they were eating good,keep up the catches they are nice fish.Congrats

Great job.

Great job!!

Nice fish and congrats but I would really rethink the fact that you post where you got those fish. Pretty soon you will see all those wrecks covered up. It is hard enough some days to find a wreck to fish. Again nice going on your fish and it's even a bigger accomplishment that you caught them in Haulover and not in the Keys I think it takes a little more skill since we don't have the natural reefs they have down south. Again nice going you should be proud.

very nice

Very nice mutts, great eats

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky27 View Post
    Nice fish and congrats but I would really rethink the fact that you post where you got those fish. Pretty soon you will see all those wrecks covered up. It is hard enough some days to find a wreck to fish. Again nice going on your fish and it's even a bigger accomplishment that you caught them in Haulover and not in the Keys I think it takes a little more skill since we don't have the natural reefs they have down south. Again nice going you should be proud.
    Thanks for the nice words. If the info I provide in my reports is enough for people to go out and do what I'm doing well then seriously all the power to them. I know how to catch these fish, what tides to fish, what moon I like, and exactly what to do given the conditions all of which I never exactly include in my reports. The fine details come from many hours of fishing experience and if others want to put in the time to try and replicate the output I sincerely wish them good luck and tight lines! Thanks again, Haulover is definitely not like fishing the Keys! You've got to really work at it.

Nice work! You got those fish dialed in.

Great catch!! Live or dead bait? We caught 3 yesterday around 2pm on dead fresh Hoos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast