Vero Trip Need Help

Florida Sportsman

Vero Trip Need Help

Hey guys Im heading down to Vero/Ft Pierce this saturday for a day trip. Im just looking for some reports and what to target. I have only fished down there once so Im still new to the area. Any advice is appreciated

Thanks, Austin

Boat?....Yak?...wade?

It is the dead of summer so no matter what...go before first light... or late evening into dark..or after it rains.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Ill be fishing from my 17ft flats boat. Well probably leave jax around 3 so we can get there around first light but i wont be able to fish through the day into the night. I was hoping to slide out of ft pierce intlet to maybe fish the boil or do some trolling if the water is calm enough. I been checking the bouy and its been pretty flat so hopefully itll stay that way. If not ill stick to the river.

Vero

Quote Originally Posted by abacon View Post
    Hey guys Im heading down to Vero/Ft Pierce this saturday for a day trip. Im just looking for some reports and what to target. I have only fished down there once so Im still new to the area. Any advice is appreciated

Thanks, Austin
    Avoid boiler probably wont be much around it regular lobster season opens the 4th there will be lots of divers along beach if the weather is good, there have been tons of bonito and some tarpon around mouth of ft pierce inlet maybe try some of the reefs in a little deeper water if weather permits.

Banned
    Keep us posted with the report and take pictures of the party at the cove.