Pump It Up!

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Pump It Up!

Pump It Up!

With the Winds, Heat, Rains, and bad weather, and also finding myself much like everyone with little time to take long trips to fish, I started to Explore some of the local Lakes and Canals, with the help of Kirk and Blake who had been fishing in this area and producing nice fish for a long time. We used my Gheenoe to get to some locations.

Both of them had been doing this kind of fishing for years, and had told me stories of Tarpon, Snook, Bass, and Peacock in the local canals far west, all the way inland to the Oceans. Some of the locations they gave me had been passed on from father to son as a right of passage. One of the locations was Blake’s grandfather's favorite spot. Blake’s Grandfather used to run up and down those canals, and pockets of waters for years, god bless his soul.
    For them, winds and rains only means the pumps would be running, and monsters would roam the canals at night if you paid the price of working for them. So this year I joined them in search of my River Monster and hoped to find that trophy fish for myself.
    Findings:
    I started the process of researching how the rains and water system worked in Florida. Here are some small key items that I wanted to point out: In 1949 Florida Legislature created the South Florida Water Management District which plays a key role in flood control, water supply, water quality, and natural systems. In other words, in fish talk for me, they maintain 2,300 miles of canals, 200 primary water control structures, 61 pump stations, and 2000 smaller water control structures. From my point of view this would all be prime locations in finding large, feeding fish. On another note I was impressed with South Florida's Water Management District, and how important they are to us, and the value they provide each day. Keep in mind that more than 7.7 million people depend on them to protect and manage water resources. Well like most works I’m still in the process of checking some of these areas, and grateful there are lots of locations to fish. These areas include Krome, Sawgrass, Holiday Park, and any Canals off a side road in my area.
    Maps: Broward
    http://www.satelliteviews.net/cgi-bi...rd&ftype=canal

Here are some of photos from the Pump It Up! Includes Kirk, Blake, and Carlos (Miami101

Older Trip but had to include the shots:

Thanks
    Last edited by Miami101; 07-24-2012 at 08:33 PM.

great fishing.. looks like your having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by testerman28 View Post
    great fishing.. looks like your having a great time.
    We always try to have a good time fish come second. Anyone with Pump action please post up your pump, canals shots.

Excellent report great dedication to our Eco system it provides surprising rewards but you have to put in the work..awesome work and photos

Quote Originally Posted by actionc96 View Post
    Excellent report great dedication to our Eco system it provides surprising rewards but you have to put in the work..awesome work and photos
    Thanks for the feed back!

Yea!