Flamingo: Thunder, Rains, Bugs> Just bring it!

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flamingo: Thunder, Rains, Bugs> Just bring it!

The weather has been scattered rains, and winds I guess due to hurricane season. Also the bug levels are very high, and the roads are being work on which means delays once your inside the Everglades National Park (49 Miles from start to boat ramp).
    The water is cloudy due to the mix of fresh water into salt on the front side, and dark red tea color on the back side, and light cloudy green in some parts. The heat is pretty bad on some days, and there is a nice mix of thunder storms. I have started to see more Crocs around moving and lurking, and the gators way to friendly for my taste.
    I been using loud colors on the flats, and dark colors in deeper waters. Snook seem to be on the flats feeding with the Red’s, and Sea Trout’s. We had to move around to find them, or sit back and hold for an area to start working. The Red’s have been spooky! I have seen some very large Red’s, but they are very smart.
    Well here are some shots:

Lady Fish:LOL

Kirk with a Snook

Blake:

Kirk on the Fly!

LOL

Nice pics! Nice fish as well. I hope that mango found his way to the table, and that Ladyfish was diced up for bait...
    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>----->

2013 Hobie Outback

www.Extremekayakfishing.com

2013 Florida Sportsman College Football Bowl Pick 'em challenge CHAMPION!

Are you and Hialeah Angler brothers? You both have the same look
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Quote Originally Posted by lowe-boy View Post
    Are you and Hialeah Angler brothers? You both have the same look
    I seen him for some time on Florida Sports, and looking forward to fishing with him one day.

Quote Originally Posted by ZimmerNole View Post
    Nice pics! Nice fish as well. I hope that mango found his way to the table, and that Ladyfish was diced up for bait...
    Let Mingo go, and yes that day used Lady to try to pick up a Shark...Kirk day has me hook on Shark, and makes the way it serve on the islands.
    You have to understand no one cook fish like this man.....I mean no one..hands down....I thank god everyday to live next to him...I post up some plates one day..omg

Quote Originally Posted by Miami101 View Post
    The weather has been scattered rains, and winds I guess due to hurricane season. Also the bug levels are very high, and the roads are being work on which means delays once your inside the Everglades National Park (49 Miles from start to boat ramp).
    The water is cloudy due to the mix of fresh water into salt on the front side, and dark red tea color on the back side, and light cloudy green in some parts.
    a) That's known as your typical summertime weather pattern, not hurricane season.
    b) I believe it's like 38 miles
    c) The water out front get cloudy when it blows like a mofo out of the west and is dark in the backcountry due to the tannins from the mangrove trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami101 View Post
    I seen him for some time on Florida Sports, and looking forward to fishing with him one day.
    Dont do it!

LMBO!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Backyard View Post
    a) That's known as your typical summertime weather pattern, not hurricane season.
    b) I believe it's like 38 miles
    c) The water out front get cloudy when it blows like a mofo out of the west and is dark in the backcountry due to the tannins from the mangrove trees.
    Your on the money I still picking up the lay of the land. I know you been going down to Mingo for years, and you put lots of folks on good fish. When is it that the Gag, and Black groupers start to come in? I had luck last year around Dec, but on a small one. I seen some posting of big groupers? Also trol, or live bait what your word on that....I hope to get one this year...if I get lucky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast