Wreck Kings

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Wreck Kings

Wreck Kings

Sorry for the late report. Went out a few days before the tourney to scope out some close wrecks. Left mayport around 630. Found pogies and arrived at PG around 745. Deployed the baits and automatically had a double hook up on kings. All fish were caught on pogies with no skirt on the surface. Fished until about 10 and went 6 for 10 on kings. The biggest being about 25 pounds. Also caught the biggest spanish mackeral I have even seen on a pogie. The action was non stopped on the surface. Back at the dock before noon. Not much size to the fish but definately some fast paced fun action to be had. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	42835 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0697.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	42836

The days I was there I saw bait all over and small fish striking in them but nothing hit my poggies I'm glad they showed up. Its hit and miss I hit kings week before last Saturday and Tuesday on the same part of a wreck and my buddy fished it this Saturday and nothing but cudas and sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by chucks21capehorn+ View Post
    The days I was there I saw bait all over and small fish striking in them but nothing hit my poggies I'm glad they showed up. Its hit and miss I hit kings week before last Saturday and Tuesday on the same part of a wreck and my buddy fished it this Saturday and nothing but cudas and sharks.

....just a little hint here....but if you see bait getting hit offshore, try jigging some of that bait and put them right back out, if that's what they are feeding on they'll eat every one you put out there....(btw...I really like the spanish sardines...)

Steve

I usually hook up my P&J sandwiches if they are skyrocketing bait on my number. It entices the big ones to hit cause they know it ll be a year before they get another chance at a P&J sandwich !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Mayhem View Post
    I usually hook up my P&J sandwiches if they are skyrocketing bait on my number. It entices the big ones to hit cause they know it ll be a year before they get another chance at a P&J sandwich !!!
    Lol.....

Tight work guys!
    Tony Eden, Marine electronics, electrical and accesories rigging & repair master-
    Boattronics.net
    Boatswitchpanels.com
    Over 70 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...ronics-reviews!
    Please contact me today with any questions or for a free estimate!