Morning of Reds and a MONSTER Trout - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    Wow, that is a NICE trout!! We were fishing ML 2 weeks ago on vacation, right in the middle of that horrible algae bloom or whatever messed the water up so bad. Needless to say, the fishing sucked. We managed a few 18" trout, but that was it.
    awesome pig

epic trout

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments. Look out for more reports in the near future. I've been up at FSU for the past 4 years and hung out an extra year for fun, so I'm just now back in central Florida and finally having the opportunities to be back on the Lagoon as much as possible. Photography is something my buddy and I both are very much into and these days to us that's our main goal, getting that perfect picture, which in turn ends up prolonging the memory for a lifetime. We've been on tons of fish even with this dirty water so get out there and go catch some for yourself! Tight lines.

really nice trout and great pics too!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitner View Post
    Now that's a true gator there!!!!
    Yep...THAT...is a true gator trout.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Ok I will bite since JR did not. Great trout, a stud for sure but gripping and hanging a trout of that sized probably killed it.
    Great catch and good luck in the future but we would have know it was a big tout w/o the weight.
    Go Gators

Quote Originally Posted by DuPont View Post
    Ok I will bite since JR did not. Great trout, a stud for sure but gripping and hanging a trout of that sized probably killed it.
    Great catch and good luck in the future but we would have know it was a big tout w/o the weight.
    Go Gators
    I'm one of the most laid back people you'll ever meet, so I absolutely mean this in the most care free way and not starting any trouble. Just would like to put my opinion in.

You say we "probably" killed it because we weighed it. If that's the case then there's "probably" alot of dead fish out there due to thousands of anglers weighing large fish. Let's be honest, who is weighing a 2 pound trout? Nobody. There are thousands of anglers who handle fish improperly but I would not consider myself to be one of them. In all honesty, plenty of fish are killed each day and nobody makes a fuss about it. They're primarily killed on purpose for meat reasons, but nobody ever says anything about it, since everyone loves fresh fish to eat. Am I wrong on that? All 4 reds we caught today were slot and perfect to throw in the cooler but we didn't think twice about doing so. I'm all about conservation and fully support every aspect of it. At the same time, I also know how much more awful treatment occurs on a daily basis than what occurred here, and really don't feel like we were in the wrong for just weighing a fish. The fish was weighed for the most minimal amount of time which is why we claimed it "about" 8.5 pounds, since we didn't let it hang for more than a second. The trout was revived perfectly and swam away with more than enough power.

As far as I know, and I've been on the forum for a good 5 years (just recently made a new name on here), but this forum is intended for FISHING REPORTS. Reports that are meant to help other anglers have a chance to get out on the water and obtain the same goal we all go for: TO HAVE FUN. I've seen in other threads where guys say the forums have gone down hill since they can't make a post without somebody coming along and bashing them for handling a fish wrong or something of the like. Many people who responded to this post were very thankful for a nice optimistic report with great pictures. I'm really not sure what more anybody could ask for on here. Having a negative comment that essentially ruins a great thread really makes the original poster, me in this case, not have much desire to post again. Once upon a time somebody once said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"...

Just my two cents, and I sincerely promise you I am not trying to start any issues. I'm always more than happy to discuss something and obviously everything has 2 sides to it. Therefore, I look forward to getting a response from you. Life is about learning something new everyday, and if today I learn something I didn't already know, then it will in fact be a great day. Either way, I apologize for the fish handling techniques and will be more careful in the future when it is necessary.

Above all else,
    GO SEMINOLES
    Fishing to me is not just about the catch, it's about the lifestyle as a whole...

Quote Originally Posted by DuPont View Post
    Go Gators
    OP just killed this comment!
    Last edited by skeeterlagoon; 07-24-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterlagoon View Post
    OP just killed this comment!
    lol. I should have left it at nice trout.
    Fish that size are not caught by your everyday yahoo. All i was saying is when you catch a hero like that hanging it from it's jaw may not be the best idea. I will leave it at that.

I am guilty as well; if you look back at my old posts I have posted a pic hanging a stud from grips and would still be doing to this day without the advice of someone much smarter than me,

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast