Show Your Biggest Bass - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo View Post
    You should have held that one closer to the camera...
    I knew your fish couldn't be Florida bass. Noticing your swimbait. Lol Kinda of an unfair comparison. In California they stock there lakes with feeder trout.

Great catches either way....

When I was in California, I surprised to see Sports Authority, Dicks carrying large swimbaits. 6-8inch baits are considered average by California Standards

Tight work...

Quote Originally Posted by Austins26 View Post
    When I was in California, I surprised to see Sports Authority, Dicks carrying large swimbaits. 6-8inch baits are considered average by California Standards
    That's interesting. The Sports Authority locations up here in the Atlanta, GA area completely got rid of all of their fishing stuff. Guess BPS and the like are kicking their butts too much.

The SA here in an around Tampa seem to be leaning towards progressively less an less fishing related equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Austins26 View Post
    I knew your fish couldn't be Florida bass. Noticing your swimbait. Lol Kinda of an unfair comparison. In California they stock there lakes with feeder trout.

Great catches either way....

Tight work...

29.5 inches.. caught on top water 4 or 5 years ago. Had no scale so idk how much she weighed.

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    Quote Originally Posted by gandrfab View Post
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky

I think you were directing your comment toward me and I agree it is a little unfair to compare California bass to ones in Florida but to be fair I did post my 7 3/4 lber from Lake Tarpon. I will tell you what though, from the little I fished in California and from what I have seen how they catch there big bass there, I will take Florida bass any day. The bass fishing for the monstor bass of California is a whole different way of fishing for the most part, I enjoy working structure near shoreline not fishing 20-60' deep in large clearwater impoundments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bate-n-Tackel View Post
    29.5 inches.. caught on top water 4 or 5 years ago. Had no scale so idk how much she weighed.

29.5" fish is big, nice catch.

Verrrrry nice fish!!!!!!
    '
    Hilarious posts too!

29.5", that is an absolute monster!!!!!!!!! I'm not even gonna guess a weight, huge!!!

Arent most of those monster california bass florida strain???? They get friggin huge there though

Yes I think they are mostly Florida strain but they are a different breed when it comes to fishing for them, the guy I fished with in California almost laughed at me when I brought my Florida gear and lures in the boat, he said you could try but you won't catch anything with that stuff but we were fishing much deeper water than I would ever fish in Florida where I love to cast to the bank and fish grass lines and structure close to shore.

Also the guy I fished with had around 20 fish over 10 lbs with 2 of them being over 13 but nothing bigger than 14 but he mainly fished for big fish only, he said the day I got mine that we may not get anybites but if we did they would be big and he was right, I got my 9 lb 15ozer and missed another spotted bass in the 8 lb range.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast