circle hooks?

Florida Sportsman

Thread: circle hooks?

circle hooks?

What is the regulation for these down in south fl? If we go out on a head boat and i take my own gear... will i need to rig my personal pole (don't want to use theirs again) with circle hooks? thanks!
    Yes, as a matter of fact I DO fish... like a girl.

why would you not want to use circle hooks??

Sombeach... I'm up in Jax and mainly have fished in the intracoastal and st johns river etc - all inshore. My inshore hooks are all circle hooks. I have yet to brave the open seas up here - so I don't have any of the tackle for the bigger fish. When we went out on the BarJac out of Lantana last month when visiting my parents - I noticed that they still use the same 3 hook link-up rig that I remember them using waaaaay back when I was a kid. So I didn't know what the deal was with A) drift fishing, B) why the 3 hook setup vs. a circle hook, and C)offshore fishing - what I should use. So it's not that I don't want to use the circle hooks, but was more curious as to why they were using their setup.
    Yes, as a matter of fact I DO fish... like a girl.

im pro cirlce so i would stick with what you know the reason that you see them using j hooks is thats what they have done for ever and because its not yet required by law in the atlantic to use circle hooks so until that happens your going to still see the old timers sticking with what works for them this is just my thoughts on this doesnt mean its right or wrong but they work for me