Tarpon and Bull Reds - Mayport Jetties - Page 6

Florida Sportsman

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

great catch and pics! thanks a bunch for sharing and don't let the haters keep you from posting again, we would miss your posts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Underslot View Post
    yep... all of these fish "swam away fine" as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HhHx...eature=related

To each their own but don’t fool yourself that those fish you push off your gunnel are fine. Trust me, I’ve held billfish after a 30 min fight for 10 min boat side and they were STILL tired and grey. Personally I don’t care what you do but if you actually care enough to revive a fish make sure you’re taking every step to make sure reviving them even matters. There is a HUGE push against light line record attempts in the billfish community because it has been proven that long fights regardless of “reviving” kill fish… using circle hooks and watching a fish “swim” away is not conservation. You can either have a Jacksonville mentality on this… which is 90% of this board… or you can have a global mentality which is the 10% that don’t contribute to this board anymore.

I was stoked for your catch till I saw it in the boat just like I HATE Mexican mates that pull billfish over the covering boards… wreaks havoc on the animal.
    That Youtube video is way, way over the top. "Tarpon Slaughter?"...... "Here lies the sum of my future tarpon dreams?" I agree that tournament and the way those tarpon are handled is an embarrassment to the sport, but that is one lame video and hardly compares to a guy holding up a tarpon for a pic.

What is the global mentality of conservation you're referring to? Like a "save the pogies" kind of thing?

Nice fish and pics!

Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement guys. Nothing wrong with a little bit of constructive criticism when needed. after the point was made it went to beating the proverbial "dead horse" unfortunately. Nonetheless, i wont let that sort of thing discourage me from posting reports. There are always a few self proclaimed know it all's on forums no matter where you go.

I'll be back on the Tarpon Friday. Wish us luck. Hopefully i'll have another solid day to report.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaAnchor View Post
    Great catch!!! Super Jealous. I also don't have much issue with the lip gaff, I just prefer to grab them with my hands. They usually leave cool scabs on your hands for about a week that remind you of how awesome you are and how much fun you had...
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Morocco_madness View Post
    Oh dear lord... they were fine.
    I love this reply.
    The next Tarpon I catch I'm gonna do a Dusty Rhodes on that mfer. This forum is getting good. When people start bickerin on this forum you know the economy must be getting better. I think I might vote for Obama now. Feels like 05' again!

[QUOTE=pilingjunky;799699]I love this reply.
    The next Tarpon I catch I'm gonna do a Dusty Rhodes on that mfer. QUOTE]

Too funny

Quote Originally Posted by Boattronics View Post
    The 10% that dont contribute to this forum anymore? Who is that? The only folks that have left are the ones that couldnt take unnessasary negative comments on thier fishing reports, lol. By the way, this forum is really taking off and will hit new levels soon that have never been seen before...........its all good bro!

Congrats!!!!!

Tarpon have been strong this year!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456