Tarpon and Bull Reds - Mayport Jetties - Page 4

Florida Sportsman

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    how bwig was luis 55 year old fish? had to be well over 2 hundy to ne that old

how bwig was luis 55 year old fish? had to be well over 2 hundy to be that old

Quote Originally Posted by Underslot View Post
    Do some research on taking fish out of the water... legal or not you most likely killed that Tarpon, especially after an hour long fight.
    This is a fishing forum, not a bunny hugging forum. If the fish hadn't tried to steal his hook, there wouldn't have been a problem. At least now, everyone who reads this post can see what those hook stealers look like and can be on the lookout for them. I appreciate him looking out for the rest of us. Lon

BAN THE FISH NAZI'S!!! Problem solved. Lol

Yep. Let's just enjoy the awesome fish and report and let Fwc do the police job!!
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com

yep... all of these fish "swam away fine" as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HhHx...eature=related

To each their own but don’t fool yourself that those fish you push off your gunnel are fine. Trust me, I’ve held billfish after a 30 min fight for 10 min boat side and they were STILL tired and grey. Personally I don’t care what you do but if you actually care enough to revive a fish make sure you’re taking every step to make sure reviving them even matters. There is a HUGE push against light line record attempts in the billfish community because it has been proven that long fights regardless of “reviving” kill fish… using circle hooks and watching a fish “swim” away is not conservation. You can either have a Jacksonville mentality on this… which is 90% of this board… or you can have a global mentality which is the 10% that don’t contribute to this board anymore.

I was stoked for your catch till I saw it in the boat just like I HATE Mexican mates that pull billfish over the covering boards… wreaks havoc on the animal.

The 90% Jacksonville "mentality" is 90% of the fishing community world wide... Imagine if nobody fished at all, commercially or recreationally. The saying " there's plenty of fish in the sea" is a old saying that still applies today.

Ok so, i got about half way into that video and i had to turn that retarded garbage off. First off, lip gaffing isn't going to come anywhere even close to killing a Tarpon. If that part bugs you than i'm happy to inform you that that's how i landed ours. Shoving our hands into the gills of the fish does way more damage imo. I have been watching the PTTS tournies for a long time and they are overseen by FWC throughout the event. If you have SUCH a soft side for these animals, Maybe fishing isn't really for you? Think about it man. No more boat payment, no more boat insurance, no more Sea Tow, maintenance, bait, tackle, lost tears....

I also don't vertical jig for Tarpon. The Tarpon in Boca Grande mostly die to being fought while being gut hooked. They are trying to get Vertical jigging banned out there because of this. but, once again, none of this has anything to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Underslot View Post
    yep... all of these fish "swam away fine" as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HhHx...eature=related

To each their own but don’t fool yourself that those fish you push off your gunnel are fine. Trust me, I’ve held billfish after a 30 min fight for 10 min boat side and they were STILL tired and grey. Personally I don’t care what you do but if you actually care enough to revive a fish make sure you’re taking every step to make sure reviving them even matters. There is a HUGE push against light line record attempts in the billfish community because it has been proven that long fights regardless of “reviving” kill fish… using circle hooks and watching a fish “swim” away is not conservation. You can either have a Jacksonville mentality on this… which is 90% of this board… or you can have a global mentality which is the 10% that don’t contribute to this board anymore.

I was stoked for your catch till I saw it in the boat just like I HATE Mexican mates that pull billfish over the covering boards… wreaks havoc on the animal.
    So you caught a couple bill fish. Sweet! But I thought we were talking about a 75lb tarpon, not a huge billfish. Now dont get me wrong, I cant stand to see someone hold a big fish up by the jaw, or otherwise mishandle a fish that is not going to be consumed either. Ive suggested folks handle fish better here too, but when it was deserved. Look at the way he holds his fish, with great support. Looks like he cares. And for heavens sake, it was his first one! I havnt seen the first dead tarpon around here, has anyone else?

The 10% that dont contribute to this forum anymore? Who is that? The only folks that have left are the ones that couldnt take unnessasary negative comments on thier fishing reports, lol. By the way, this forum is really taking off and will hit new levels soon that have never been seen before...........its all good bro!
    Tony Eden, Marine electronics, electrical and accesories rigging & repair master-
    Boattronics.net
    Boatswitchpanels.com
    Over 70 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...ronics-reviews!
    Please contact me today with any questions or for a free estimate!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast