Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member shallow water assassin's Avatar

KBF Lake Okeechobee

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryan6.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	40664

Just got in from a great day on the lake and figured I would give a report. Got on the water at 6am and first cast boom 2lb bass on a big easy topwater. Got a few more on topwater then swiched to fliping docks with a trick worm as I was zoned out with that my Buddy Ryan gets a 6lb on a KVD frog 15 feet away from me. We ended the day with a grand total of 7 fish. Paddled the yaks back to my house pulled them up in the backyard and now its time to bust out the fry daddy. The lake is great right now and im blessed to have it as my backyard. Hope to see some more kayak guys start to fish this area. Tight lines

Great bass man.:thumbup:
    Makes me want to go bassin. I used to fish big O all summer when I was a kid. My uncle lived on 15b and I spent alot of time there.

shallow water assassin, do you see lots of gators when you're fishing fresh water? I don't know what it is. I will swim and wade with sharks but I'm not even getting close to a big gator on my yak. They scare the crap outta me. I actually forgot what it felt like to reel in a nice bass.

Tight Lines..

Quote Originally Posted by summer daze View Post
    shallow water assassin, do you see lots of gators when you're fishing fresh water? I don't know what it is. I will swim and wade with sharks but I'm not even getting close to a big gator on my yak. They scare the crap outta me. I actually forgot what it felt like to reel in a nice bass.

Yeah I see a few but they tend to pay you no mind unless you mess with them. I had one bite my lure once underwater and I pulled it up thinking it was a log or something and boom 8 ft gator, He seen me poped the line and that was that. I picked up the paddle and moved fishing holes after that lol. But I stay well armed when I go out. You just got to espect them like anything else out there and its not the gators that get me it the snakes!!!! They will try to get in your yak and snuggle with you.

Nice report, keep them comming. You may see me up there soon.

Nice fish, sounds like you fellas do pretty well on OC. I also fish in a lake that holds many gators, have seen more this year than ever before. They tend to scare off the reds (its a salt lake) and can be a nuisance. I usually let them have the area when they show up.

prisoner of Guana Lake, C.

Nice fish, and even better back yard. I've been fishin the lake for about four years with my bass club yet I have never been up to the north side of the lake. Do you know a good spot I could drop my yak in the water and check it out?

Nice fish! Nothing like a Bass bustin a topwater early in the AM to get the adrenaline going. I agree with Summer Daze on them Gators, they can get territorial in the summer.
    Keep the reports comin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregs Lost View Post
    Nice fish, and even better back yard. I've been fishin the lake for about four years with my bass club yet I have never been up to the north side of the lake. Do you know a good spot I could drop my yak in the water and check it out?
    Okee tainee park has an air boat launch site that is perfect for kayaks or taylor creek is nice (less gators to mess with you and has great fishing) Just bring some frogs for top water and a pack of worms (red shad, Black, watermellon red flake) are all good colors year round. Hope to see you out here. PM me before hand I would love to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast