Fishing off 595 and SR-7 ???
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Fishing off 595 and SR-7 ???

Im fairly new to fresh water fishing, do more saltwater fishing. But has anyone fished in the Dania Cutoff Canal off of SR-7 441 and 595. Looks like a nice spot but never bothered to try. I also fished off the pump structure on Griffin rd and 441, seen some nice tarpon rolling but could never get one to bite.
    Or does anyone know any spots in the Hollywood Area? I have some more liesure time now and thought I may do some bass fishing or something.

All feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Griffin Road is a cool fishery. I've been thinking of making a day trip down there myself. Any culverts or side canals with water moving should hold largemouth and likely some tarpon this time of year. Not sure if the peacocks have returned (been about 8 years since I lived down that way).

Also, have you looked into renting a boat at Holiday Park?
    Jeff Weakley

Just looked it up on google maps and it looks like a great place to fish. Alligator alley is a little too far from me so this looks like a close enough place. Is the fishing good there? What do you use? I dont do too much fresh water fishing. Thanks

http://floridasportsman.com/freshwater

Check out the front page--I just uploaded an article on fishing small plastics our of Holiday Park, this time of year.
    Jeff Weakley