PC 7/14

Florida Sportsman

Thread: PC 7/14

PC 7/14

It seemed like everything was falling into place.

The boat was painted and ready to go. Garrett came in Friday night for the weekend. Toni and Tori, both had Saturday off work.

We looked at the weather forecast (3' to 4' and 10 to 15 knots winds), and decided to give it a try anyway. The chances of having them all available at the same time was slim, so we were taking advantage of it.

We left the house about 5:30am. I left my cobia tower up. It's taller than it should be to pull down the road, but there isn't a clearance problem between here and the port, so I just leave it up. We got to Banana River Drive on 528 and all traffic was routed off the interstate. I pulled into Kelly Park to fold down the tower, because I didn't think I could travel Banana River Drive and 520 without hitting something and couldn't find the allen wrench to take the bolts out. Another boat pulled up and asked if we were going around or putting in there and was nice enough to give me an allen wrench. His boat was named Killin' time.

We finally made it, put the boat in and headed down the beach looking for bait. We found a huge school of mullet just south of the pier and the second cast was full of small mullet, so we filled up the bait well and headed east.

We put lines in the water at about 40' and started slow trolling. Immediately one line went off and we lost the fish. Before we could get it back out, another line went off and Tori pulled in a small shark. It wasn't long before the downrigger popped and Garrett reeled in another small shark. Not what we wanted, but at least something was happening. I opened the baitwell to get another mullet and I had accidently shut if off and it had slowly drained. All we had were dead mullet and two live ones out. While we were sitting there decided if we should head back to the beach and get some more bait, one of the remaining lines went off and Toni reeled in a nice Kingfish. We eased back toward the beach to get more bait, but Toni was feeling a little sick, so we decided to head in.

Not the way we planned it, but I got to spend a little time on the water with the kids on the boat; and that's always a good day!

Last edited by rrbgtt; 07-15-2012 at 11:07 AM.

hey look on the bright side you got out and have a nice king to show for it.

Fun day with the kids. Smoke that kingfish!! Love me some smoked kingfish dip!!

Glad I could help out. We only stayed out for a short amount of time (little too rough). Ended up catching some bonitas. Took a tour of the port by boat after

John (killin' time)
    "He who hoots with the owls at night will not soar with the eagles at dawn"
    "

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Glad I could help out. We only stayed out for a short amount of time (little too rough). Ended up catching some bonitas. Took a tour of the port by boat after

John (killin' time)
    John,

Thanks again!

Rusty,

Nice looking paint job, the boat looks great, how did she run?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Hooker View Post
    Rusty,

Nice looking paint job, the boat looks great, how did she run?
    She runs great. Just got to get used to slowwwwww.

Very cool Rusty, no matter what it had to be nice to have a family day like that!

Senior Member Pescatoral Pursuit's Avatar
    My how the kids have gr00wn!
    He hath shewed thee, O man, What is good, and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.
    Micah 6:8

Nice shakedown trip!
    DUDE!