Snook you want to HOOK!! 12 Landed with pictures

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Snook you want to HOOK!! 12 Landed with pictures

Yesterday I was at work when by the hand of God Almighty, my power went out! Awesome for me cause I work on a computer. So I decided to make a mini fishing trip with a couple of buddies. Stopped at Lehrs to pick up a couple reels I had getting serviced and bought a New St.Croix fly reel. We headed out the river around 1:30. Chased big threadies for a while out by picnic island and caught about a hundred hand size threads. (perfect snook bait) Then went drifting around the back side of sanibel and shell creek and a few other places. We have been seeing snook lately in groupes, I wouldnt call them schools cause its just about 3-5 in a group. We were fishing structure (downed trees, and Mangroves, sand/grass lines) and have been seeing them big Ol'Submarines running the shoreline.
    It took a while for the bite to turn on, they seem to be favoring the incoming tide/bottom tide cause we didnt get as much as a bite on the outgoing ( that could be because we were not fishing the right spots at the time, or they just were hungry at the time). When they turned on, they were hammering our baits like a hammer to a nail. These were some smart fish, they were reaching for the mangroves and we we would get them out they would run circles around the boat looking for the first thing to get snagged on. We prevailed for most of them. The first two fish were in the slot giving a great fight. The next two were altogether different. These were some very healthy females who gave us the fight of our life! But enough talk, I know what you guys are waiting for..........the PICS! Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26snook.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	37935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27snook.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	37936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28snook.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	37937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30snook.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	37938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30snook.jpg 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	37938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37snook.jpg 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	37939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38 snook.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	37940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39snook.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	37941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	281snook.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	37942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28snook.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	37937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	381snook.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	37943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	382snook.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	37944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	391snook.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	37945

Good job Didle! There wer a few bigguns in there. That real nice to see

Thank you, it was a great day for fishing. I had been missing the snook bite recently and it feels good to get back on it. I have been fishing Reds mostly and decided to go searching for some submarines yesterday instead, im glad I went with my gut on this one.

Great trip man......nice snook. Hoping to get over that way in a couple weeks. Did they all come on livies or did you throw some arties too?

Nicely done, gentlemen.

Got one on a greenback fly. it was awesome, I was sight fishing them with my flyrod and saw one come up and look at it turning completly sideways in the water before he grabbed it. He was 28" and fought like a beast on the flyrod. Going out saturday.

Nice looking fish. I like that area too. You can fish the outgoing from the top down, but I find it's best the 1st hour or 2. Then the incoming is my favorite. There are some nice sharks in the area, make sure you have a fly rigged with a wire leader and have some fun.

Nice Job , their is 12 more reason to open that season , seeing a lot of them down in Estero aswell

Quote Originally Posted by JSTickum View Post
    Nice Job , their is 12 more reason to open that season , seeing a lot of them down in Estero aswell
    agreed. One of those would be tasty on the grill if you were allowed to keep them! I dont mind throwing them back to catch them another day though. I was talking to my lil borther about it yesterday he was like "It feels good to let them go, cause I know ill catch him again next week and he'll be bigger next time!"
    Im going out again today to try and get a couple on the fly. Ill let you know if I have any luck

You guys got a couple real nice snook! Great work

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast