HELP! IRS STILL HOLDING MY 2011 TAX REFUND

Florida Sportsman

HELP! IRS STILL HOLDING MY 2011 TAX REFUND

My accountant forwarded my 2011 tax forms to the IRS in late march. I was informed by the IRS in april that my tax refund had been claimed by someone who provided enough ID to generate the refund before the IRS picked up on the scammer. I get nowhere in trying to communicate with any agency that can tell me wtf's going on. It's several k so it's major for an old schoolteacher! Anyone else know about this federal F**kup?

Samething happend to a friend of mine. His accountant said he had about a dozen or more of his clients who had the same problem. Good luck!

I wish the would have used mine then they could have paid the thousands I owed!
    "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow" -Albert Einstein

I have seen it take a year for it to get straightened out. Did you or your accountant fill out the form 14039 and send a copy of your drivers licenses and ss card. The phone number to the identity theft unit is 1-800-908-4490. Call them at least once a week. If it looks like they are not doing much. Call the tax payer advocate program.

It takes a while for it to be straightened out. Have had this happen to a few clients and it took anywhere from 6-12 months to resolve.

Good luck to you. F***in thiefs

Quote Originally Posted by ontheedge5658 View Post
    F***in thiefs
    Yeah, and F the people who claimed his return too...

copoutfishing.com

Gotta pay for Obama care somehow and china doesn't want to do it.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

Get used to the IRS holding your money
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later