IN$UFI$HENT FUND$ Mako Mania 2012

Florida Sportsman

IN$UFI$HENT FUND$ Mako Mania 2012

Figured alot of you guys would like to see this since alot of you are northeast transplants. Fished Mako Mania on 24 and 25th this past weekend, once again water temps were warmer then I would have liked. We fished about 60 miles off on sat and found it to be slow with only three sharks being caught one of which being a small Mako. At about 3pm we hooked a big fish that we never saw until it was right next to the boat. The fight lasted an hour which is a very long battle for us but the new Talica 50 was completely impressive and we appropriately named it "THE BOSS". Paul from JPR Rods built us a new standup Super Seeker rods that when coupled up with "THE BOSS" completely man-handled this fish. When we finally weighed in the thresher it weighed 445lbs. We also had a 350 to 400lb Tiger Shark. Sunday we stayed closer but there was a complete lack of drift. All we could manage was about 20 blue sharks. One nice part of the day we had a school of Bluefin come in our chum slick and we hooked up 4 of 5 bites..... All of the fish were caught on the Shimano WaxWing and Baitrunner 8000 which held up well to some screaming runs.......
    our new E-searider bean bags made for nice naps both in and out each day.
    Video to come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0091.jpg   IMG_0895.jpg   GOPR0202.JPG   IMG_0898.jpg   IMG_0922.jpg   IMG_0967.jpg   IMG_0973.jpg   IMG_0976.jpg   GOPR0209.jpg   DSC_0022.jpg   DSC_0057.jpg   GOPR0241.JPG   IMG_1039.jpg   GOPR0197.jpg   IMG_1010.jpg  

GOPR0232.jpg  

Round round get around....
    Nice work for globe trotting crew!
    USCG Licensed Captain
    Offshore & Bahamas Fishing Guide for Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.
    Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com
    http://www.palmbeachfishingcharters.biz/
    (I teach people how to catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    e-money99@live.com

Weren't you guys in the Bahamas crushing the bottom fish? Rumspringa!

Nice Thresher!!! I miss the days of shark fishing up north. Great score on the bluefins too. A nice surprise while shark fishing for sure.

Nice, I remember seeing your ride at Jonathans landing while cruising by.

Great job guys.
    Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !

www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

www.WaterfrontHomesOfFlorida.com

uhh

That train bridge in the background looks familiar to me. Do you dock at Union Landing in Manasquan, NJ? I currently live in NYC, but have a shore house down in 'Squan and think I have seen the boat there during the past few summers.

Great pics.

yes thats us we travel alot and fish from jupiter and the bahamas in the winter to NJ and Marthas Vineyard in the summer..... thanks for the support guys!

and yes we are the rumspringa!