Saibel beaches and blind pass 6/19

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saibel beaches and blind pass 6/19

Heard the snook beach bite was on so a buddy and me headed up to blind pass with the intent of fishing the beaches from blind pass to bowmans beach. Gorgeous morning, but the snook were no where to be found. Literally didn't see a single one. Hit the pass once we realized the beaches were dead and struck out there too, except for a live well full of Threadfins. Weird weird day.

Oh and just for info sake, we were fishing the second flood of the tide and it was coming in all morning.

Thanks for the update. I've been having the same problem. I'm going to fish again on Sanibel at Bowman's beach and I'll let you know how I do. I recently posted an article in the general fishing section talking about this.

God of all days
    Glorious in all of Your ways
    The majesty the wonder and grace
    In the light of Your Name

Let hope rise and darkness tremble
    In Your holy light
    That every eye will see Jesus our God
    Great and mighty to be praised

Im heading out there on monday. I think the change of weather should improve things, and at the very least the tarpon should be around. I hope it does at least. Im going to be there all week I was dying for some good snook fishing.
    Live or Die With A Rod At My Side !!!

I was just up at blind pass last night in the midst of the scattered showers and while the tide was flooding out from the bridge. There were a ton of snook that were finning on the surface. The male fish were rolling all over the top of the females. Mating maybe? A few of the male snook were bein brought it but mostly the fish were just doing their own thing.

God of all days

In Your holy light

At least there there was there bait under the bridge? I'm coming there for the week lets hit it up

Quote Originally Posted by CapnAhab View Post
    I was just up at blind pass last night in the midst of the scattered showers and while the tide was flooding out from the bridge. There were a ton of snook that were finning on the surface. The male fish were rolling all over the top of the females. Mating maybe? A few of the male snook were bein brought it but mostly the fish were just doing their own thing.
    Man, that's torture.

Just a reminder, they are dredging out blind pass now (or maybe starting Monday?) it's supposed to be a 60 day(ish) long project.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4holhc

Quote Originally Posted by ColeJennette View Post
    Man, that's torture.

Just a reminder, they are dredging out blind pass now (or maybe starting Monday?) it's supposed to be a 60 day(ish) long project.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4holhc

Ya it was in a way, but at the same time I was kinda happy to see the snook doing their own thing and mating. We all know we could use as many good productive mating seasons as possible with them. But my cousin was up there yesterday morning and she caught a few smaller male snook up to 25 inches. I'm sure the females are eating too, but she just didnt catch any while she was up there.

@Tightlines, let us know how you do! There was a lot of whitebait under the bridge when i was there, so I'm sure youll do well. I don't know if i wasnt to head over there tomorrow or not. I'm still undecided.

God of all days

In Your holy light

Ahhhh I hope they delayed that project because of the weather, do you guys have any other good spots to fish out there without a boat. I fished bowmans a few times, but I always had good action under the bridge. Im going to def. need some help if its closed, I might have to try some new spots...any advice?

Nah, I've really only hit up the pass and the beaches. If they are dredging the pass, just walk the beach from blind pass south to bowmans and fish the beaches for snook. They should be (in theory) right in that trench off the beaches eating little white bait fish. Throw something small and white and you should be in business if they're there.

Glad to hear they are dredging again. Great to keep that flow flushing the sound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast