Boca Grande 6/17 Tarpon Bay 6/18

Florida Sportsman

Boca Grande 6/17 Tarpon Bay 6/18

First report so we'll see how this goes...Headed down from UCF to Ft Myers for some fishin with a long time buddy that I don't get to see too often. Got down there saturday night and headed over to Boca Grande (first time for me) to watch the PTTS and see what we could get from the beach. Started out just freelining live shrimp down the beachline since the water was moving pretty quickly and were able to pull up a little snook and a small jack. As soon as the tide started going out it was a different story. The water started ripping out of the pass and the snook bite really picked up. We tied on a couple jigheads to get the shrimp to the bottom and tossed them out about 15 yds or so into the pass and just let it drift until it got picked up...it was really one after another it was crazy. The bite continued on like this for the rest of the day with a lull here or there. Saw someone even getting a few on a gold spoon. Boca grande turned out to be everything I thought it would be and more! Finally got a snook!

After a long nights sleep my buddy and I headed over to Sanibel and rented a couple of kayaks out of tarpon bay. I couldn't pull up a single thing but he ended up getting a couple small trout and a ladyfish. Only saw a few reds but ended up spooking them Think i got it bad for inshore fishing right now so i'll be heading over to mosquito lagoon to get some payback soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen-capture.jpg   screen-capture-1.jpg   screen-capture-2.jpg  

Great first report and sweet snook

Nice beach snook and good report. Thanks

Thats how too enjoy Boca Grande and watch the madness.

Nice ocean runners