Taking a trip to Sanibel.. ???
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Taking a trip to Sanibel.. ???

I am from Vero and a couple buddies and i decided we were going to head west to try to nail some big snook and trout as well as sharks. Now i have heard blind pass is a good spot. What baits? mirro-minnows? mullet? tide? high tide for snook in the trough? are there a considerable amount of tarpon on the beach? Any help or recommendations are appreciated. here are a couple pictures from the indian river lagoon.buff.jpgredvero.jpg

jeevy
    yes i am making a trip to blind pass soon too, and i would like to know how to fish it. How is midnight pass as well?

I like outgoing tides. All along the jetty and back to the bridge. I tend to use bucktail jigs but DOA shrimps and any white bait imitator should work. I find I have best luck real early AM. Good luck

I have fished blind pass since I was a kid, its one of my favorite spots to fish for snook in the sanibel area. The monsters are hard to catch, day time is hard te get them to bite, night time for them bigs ones is great! Any tide moving in blind pass is a good one. I like fishing under the bridge and all through the pass with my boat. White bait and fingers are best for them, but you can catch them on shrim and pinners too. Havent really tried artificial there cause there is so much bait on the way there in a boat not to use the real thing. Its not uncommon to catch 10 snook within 30 minutes if you are fishing the right times. most are underslot being around 22-26''s but a blast either way and you cant keep them on this side of florida so i just like catching all sizes. You have some nice reds along there as well. I hope you the best of luck. Let us know how it goes

Blind pass is great for sharks too. We catch 8 footers within casting distance of the beach. If u have a kayak and big conventionals you can kayak your bait out a couple hundred yards you will find the real big boys.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

At night I like to use white bucktails and DOA CAL paddle tails. During the day I'll usually throw yo zuri crystal minnows if they're hitting the smaller baits.

jeevy
    lol wrong blind pass, the one i was looking for is the one in Sarasota