Big fish for June

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Capt. Tyler Vollmer's Avatar

Big fish for June

As most are aware, fishing on the Indian River and Banana River is going off. Reports from other guides are showing big fish from Mosquito Lagoon as well! I've been scouting new areas for clients and I've found some fish well off the beaten path from my normal area that make a damn fine picture! Smaller redfish are smacking topwaters all day long and the STILL hot trout bite dies off around 8am. Switch to weedless weighted jerk baits and look for sandy pot holes and watch the bite pick right back up. How many times can you read that in one of my reports? Well, until they stop stacking up in them I will stop writing about it. Keep in mind that the bigger fish need to be handled VERY carefully! These big fish are what keeps our area stocked with such an abundance of fish.

I've also picked up an expensive hobby called fly fishing. Got in way over my head my 1st trip out with howling afternoon winds and small windows of sunshine... and the hole that was left in my wallet. Popped the cherry on my Nautilus on the 1st trip out and now I'm hooked. Don't let the picture deceive you. We were on the bank and the sun was shining when I caught this slot fish.
    Last edited by Capt. Tyler Vollmer; 06-15-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Man it has been forever (a few weeks) since I've caught damn fish. Need to get out there and still want to make a trip with you this summer - july or august. Glad you got started fly fishing! there is really nothing that compares to it

Those are some very nice reds!!!

Senior Member Capt. Tyler Vollmer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jumboshrimp View Post
    Man it has been forever (a few weeks) since I've caught damn fish. Need to get out there and still want to make a trip with you this summer - july or august. Glad you got started fly fishing! there is really nothing that compares to it
    I've noticed your reports had stopped. Get a hold of me soon and we can work something out for being a good contributing forum member that comments on all of my reports. Hope you know how to pole.

Nice fish!
    My guess, anywhere from causeway 520 to haul over canal. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tyler Vollmer View Post
    I've noticed your reports had stopped. Get a hold of me soon and we can work something out for being a good contributing forum member that comments on all of my reports. Hope you know how to pole.
    Yeah they stopped cold turkey too, went from fishing three days a week to nada. gonna get out in the next couple of days though. and sounds like a plan! i'll try not to fall off either platform (i fish sitting down ya know)

Indian River Shores FL & Martha's Vineyard
    I've also picked up an expensive hobby called fly fishing. Got in way over my head my 1st trip out with howling afternoon winds and small windows of sunshine... and the hole that was left in my wallet. [/QUOTE]

Welcome to the world of the long wand! Throwing a fly adds a new dimension...congrats on getting a fish on your first attempt!

congrats on the first long rod red, and thanks for the report and great pics once again capt!

thats awesome! I'm about to buy a fly rod as soon as I can get this damn boat on the water. I can't wait to get something like that on fly. Great work!
    What is your setup if you don't mind me asking?

I would love to fish wish you sometime. Send me a PM with any details

Adam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast