afternoon trouting

Florida Sportsman

afternoon trouting

went back to my favorite trout hole to see if all the rain has affected the bite, trout were still there, not as many but better fish. i got my limit pretty quick though throwing skitterwalk in the baby trout pattern and redfish pattern. switched to the mirrodine and continued catching decent trout for about a hour then headed home. it was high water falling and the trout were hanging close to the grass line, as the tide fell they moved to 5 or 6 ft from the bank. ended up with over 20 landed and brought home a fat limit, so if you were worried about the rain it hasnt seemed to hurt the fishing. i also took my girls redfishing earlier in the day so i had to share their picture of a fat red...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0568[1].jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	35871

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0542[1].jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	35872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0552[1].jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	35873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0554[2].jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	35874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0553[1].jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	35875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0556[2].jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	35876here are some pictures from the trip

Grassline? Creek, river, or ICW?

I was fishing the river bank in the broward river area, seemed like they weren't as concentrated as before all the rain but the fish all averaged 19 to 24 inches and most were full of roe

Senior Member Flatheadfisherman's Avatar
    Nice bunch of trout. Always great to see the little ones get involved.

nice lookin trout tom what size flip flop do u wear just trying to get an idea of the size of the fish

Quote Originally Posted by chasingtails1 View Post
    went back to my favorite trout hole to see if all the rain has affected the bite, trout were still there, not as many but better fish. i got my limit pretty quick though throwing skitterwalk in the baby trout pattern and redfish pattern. switched to the mirrodine and continued catching decent trout for about a hour then headed home. it was high water falling and the trout were hanging close to the grass line, as the tide fell they moved to 5 or 6 ft from the bank. ended up with over 20 landed and brought home a fat limit, so if you were worried about the rain it hasnt seemed to hurt the fishing. i also took my girls redfishing earlier in the day so i had to share their picture of a fat red...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0568[1].jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	35871
    DAD, IT PEED ON ME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by samsiam74 View Post
    DAD, IT PEED ON ME!!!!
    That's exactly what happened, that's funny stuff. I told her she was now in the club of getting peed on by a fish, my other daughter said she wanted to be in the club too, I told her in due time..LOL. I wear a size 10 flip flop, trout are about 23 in