Towing with a 6.2L F250

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Towing with a 6.2L F250

I am looking at getting a new tow vehicle. Anybody towing with a 6.2L gas F250? I know the diesel is better but I am looking at putting just a few thousand miles on it a year. I'll be towing a 25' Contender weight around 8500-9000.

I love the power of my 6.2 gas I have a 2011 f150 and I tow a 22 Sterling and get 13 mpg on interstate with boat, i am like you I don't drive it a lot but when I do I love it, mine is also 4+4 so a two wheel dr might get a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlingxs22 View Post
    I love the power of my 6.2 gas I have a 2011 f150 and I tow a 22 Sterling and get 13 mpg on interstate with boat, i am like you I don't drive it a lot but when I do I love it, mine is also 4+4 so a two wheel dr might get a little better.
    How is it at the ramp? Just want to know if I am goiung to need a 4X4. Never had any trouble with my Sierra 2500 so I am hoping the Ford will do as well.

Never had mine in 4+4 but there is not another stock engine in a half ton with that much power and torque , they are also very fast trucks, I went on trip this week and got 18.5 at 75 mph , no trailer.

Never had mine in 4+4 but there is not another stock engine in a half ton with that much power and torque , they are also very fast trucks, I went on trip this week and got 18.5 at 75 mph , no trailer.
    Cool thanks for the info I want a good reliable tow vehicle for my boat. That milage seems great compared to what I am getting now.

I am loving my F250 4x4 crewcab with the 6.2. However I am not winning any gas mileage contests. I get around 9mpg towing my 8500 lb camper and 11 mpg around town. I drive only about 2 miles to work so it is not good for mileage. I don't drive highway when not towing much but it looks like around 13-14 when I do. I only drive about 7k miles a year so I am not too concerned about the mileage and love my truck.

sterlingxs22's number are a bit surprising to me. I have done a fair amount of research and not many people are getting 13mpg with a 6.2 towing anything and 18.5 is almost unheard of.

Very funny! Great engine and truck but 18.5? Ain't happening!

I not pulling your leg and I don't work for ford but I do get 18.5 @. 75 mph ( no trailer) . I get 14 around town. I know it sounds funny but it does better at 75 than 65. And I do not say this because I don't like other trucks, I like Toyota , Chevy ,even some dodges.

I forgot to mention my brother has a Ecco bust 2 wheel drive and it only gets 2 miles a gallon better on expressway but 3 better around town.

You're fine with the f250.

I have an f150 ecoboost and while it probably doesn't get as good as MPG as they advertise, it pulls like a champ and the twin turbo is FUN
    How To Start A Charter Fishing Business
    Trade Secrets Revealed On How To Become a 6 Figure Fishing Guide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast