Hot water hotter fishing!!

Florida Sportsman

Hybrid View

Hot water hotter fishing!!

The fishing has been unfire in the lagoon the past few weeks. We have been catching lots of reds and trouts on Rapala skitterwalks and gulp jerk baits. The trout color has been working the best for me. Been catching the trout on the edges and drop offs fishing the bait pods. Reds have been a little tougher because the high dirty water but when you get a bait near them they will eat! We have been getting a good number of reds on fly as well just working the shore lines. Heres a few pictures of some of our recent fishing. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1125.jpg   IMG_0832.jpg   IMG_0757.jpg   IMG_0663.jpg   IMG_0650.jpg   IMG_0874.jpg  

Nice report, I m thinking of getting out there in the morning. Got ahold of a few trout in the banana rver today

Hey man nice report... Im thinking of getting into tying flys and was wondering what color flys you like for reds if you dont mind me asking?

Ive always liked tan flies. Especially the boroski slider I have been doing a little more experimenting with some more flys lately. seems matching the hatch has been the best for the trout. theres alot of mullet around now so im using mullet pattern for the bait pods. I like to use shrimp or small crab patterns for the reds like i said mostly the light colors, ( tan,white,etc)

Thanks for the info... do you have to use a certain type of feathers and thread and where could you pick something up like that?